Chapter 12

Your PoV

It's been two days since the time we had with the girls. Today I'm in the building as Jihyo unnie and I have a schedule. It's our first schedule for our show together. It's short notice but it's fine too as I know I'll get to work again and also, I'll get to work with her. Right now, we are shooting for the teaser of the show. Nothing too complicated, we just do some photoshoots and we follow the director's instructions so it'll be quick and easy.

"You okay, Y/N?" Jihyo unnie asked as we took our break and we are now in our dressing room.

It's been a couple of hours since we started the day. I left the house this morning feeling excited and until now I have it. Quite surprising but I guess I'm just inspired. The other girls on the other hand have also another schedule. After all, we are close to preparing the comeback. Chaeyoung unnie is working on a song for our next album and she's doing it with Dahyun unnie.

Keeping her quite occupied. Good thing for me, she'll let me off while she's busy.

"Yup! I'm just excited for the fans to see it. When was the release of this teaser anyway?" I asked.

"On Friday, I think. Coffee?" She asked as she handed me an iced coffee she bought outside. I guess that's why she went off after the break we had.

"Thanks!"

She sat on the other couch while I stayed in my seat. It's just me, her, and the make-up artist but sooner they left to let us have our break. I looked at Jihyo unnie and she's drinking her coffee while she has her attention to the monitor that we have in this room. She's probably monitoring our work just like she always does.

Her hair is kind of covering her face, considering she's facing sidewards and I only get to see her side profile, but it's enough so it won't overwhelm me.

When she looked away from the monitor and looked at me, I instantly looked away and pretended as if I was checking out something else. I guess it worked as she didn't feel awkward and also proceeded to the question that she was about to ask me.

"How's Ashley?"

I looked at her, acting surprised that she talked to me. But I'm kinda surprised tho. It was rare she asked about Ashley.

"Uhm... Still the same, I was hoping that she'll get better soon but I think she will. I have a feeling. I visited her the next day after we had a party in the house. I checked if she was doing good, and the nurses said that everything was going fine with her." I said.

"Is that so? That's good... are you visiting her alone? I know it's kind of hard to see her situation, Y/N. If you need someone to come with you, you can call us... you can call me." She said.

I don't know if I should get my hopes up or if it's just her again being a handful leader. But I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, unnie. You're right, it's a good thing Somi accompanies me sometimes. She's visiting Ashley too so we decided to inform each other if we decided to visit Ash." I said.

She looked at me differently as she shifted from her seat.

"Somi? You two went together to the hospital?"

I nodded and put my drink down on the table and faced her.

"Oh... You too are close now huh."

"I mean we should, right? Somi's kind... At first, we were kind of awkward with each other which is funny because even she noticed it. But now, we get along. After all, she's your friend, right? Last time she talked about the times during Sixteen while we were with Ashley." I said while smiling as I remembered the things Somi said about the girls, especially Chaeyoung and Jihyo unnie.

I felt Jihyo unnie looking at me again which made me snap out of my thoughts and look at her.

"Why?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said and smiled, but not the kind of smile she used to do.

Did I say something wrong? Oh no, did I slip out something or what?!

"Anyway, let's just finish this. We have a lot to get done. Let's at least finish more sequence before we go for a lunch break."

I nodded and looked at her as she stood up and left the dressing room. I felt something happened but I can't tell. Why do I feel like I did something but I can't point out what.

I sighed and shook my head. Maybe I am just imagining things again. I should just get used to it especially since I've been keeping so many things inside me. Sometimes I can't tell which is true and which is not. It's confusing but yeah, that's how it is.

___________________

Jihyo's PoV

We are now at the restaurant near the company as we are having lunch. The shooting is getting done quickly. By the end of the day, we can finish it all and we can head to the next shoot which is our first episode for the show but that is surely will happen by next week or in time. We just finished ordering and Y/N is still high with her energy since the day we started.

She's really looking forward to this.

I can't help but smile as I watch her humming while she scrolls through her phone and occupies herself with it. We are out with manager Kris so it wasn't just us. Maybe that's why the atmosphere around is a lot lighter than usual.

I suddenly remembered what she said a while ago when we were talking. Suddenly I felt sick in my stomach. I felt as if something was coming off and I just wanted to go back to the house and lay down to my bed.

When Y/N was talking about Somi, she was smiling. It was easy to spot the happiness in her eyes as she told me what happened when they were together. I know it's not my position to assume and much more not my business to jump to their business but then I can't help it as I remembered the interaction Somi and I had yesterday.

Yup, we met yesterday. It was unexpected tho. I went to the building to talk to the songwriters of our album that we'll be working on since we are heading to preparing for a Comeback. Somi was in the building too to visit a friend which is not a surprise. Somi's been in the building for a long too, she's friendly and she can get along with anyone.

But the reason why she's in the building is to visit Chan, the leader of our junior group, Stray Kids. We had a small talk as I am also in a hurry but within that small talk, Somi didn't forget to mention Y/N.

I know they knew each other but according to Chaeyoung, Somi and Y/N were not that close before. At least that's what she said before. That's why I am surprised that Somi looked for Y/N. She even said she hoped for us to have time together outside. She had the same excitement as Y/N when Y/N talked about her a while ago.

And sucks to me as I can't help to feel jealous.

It was easy to fight it the first time I saw Tzuyu kiss Y/N on her nose, basically licking the icing off the tip of her nose. Y/N was so red after that but they all laughed it out after. But this time, it's Somi... I mean it's Somi, who wouldn't like her?

Well... hopefully Y/N. I know it sounds selfish knowing I can't even tell her what I feel about her. I liked her the first time I saw her and after she confessed, my feelings for her only grew bigger. It was hard to keep it especially when she's around and we are slowly getting back on the usual.