Without You

They smile and wave back at me as I scurry my way into the locker room. I peel off my smock, quickly grabbing my books, and making my way to the library. My phone starts to ring. I see that it's Brixton.

"Hey, brown eyes. I can't hang out right now."

"Why not?"

"I just got off of work, and I have to go study. I'm also completely exhausted and stressed out."

"Don't have a panic attack."

"Oh, thanks. Not like I can't control them or anything, Brixton."

"Hey, kitten. How was your day?"

"What? I already said hi."

"I'm restarting our conversation."

"Alright. I guess you can continue."

"Well it's your turn to talk."

"I've had a stressful and exhausting day. Like every day."

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that you look so ravishing you should be arrested."

"You just want me in handcuffs."

Brixton chuckles on the other side of the phone.

"Gosh, you are quick."

"Is that what Jenny said this morning when you practically had sex on the couch?"

I giggle as Brixton huffs, not expecting me to act like a bitch.

"Are you hungry?"

"Always."

"I'll meet you at the library."

"You can't eat in the library."

"What's life without a little risk?"

"I'm trying to get work done."

"Maybe you'll rub off on me, and I'll get work done."

"Or you'll rub off on me, and I won't get anything done."

"I make a promise to you right now. I will give you food and help you with your work. I'll stay focused too."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

I think for a minute, seeing the library up ahead.

"Alright, fine. But if you distract me even once, I will get the librarian to kick you out."

"Deal. I'll be there in twenty."

Without another second wasted, Brixton hangs up the phone, clearly determined to get me food and meet up with me. I'm cool with that. Free food, shit, that can distract me from anything. I wonder what he's going to bring me. I walk into the library, my books in my hand, and I'm determined to find a spot in the back so I can eat. Just thinking about food makes my stomach rumble and my mouth salivate. I set my books down in a back corner, peeling the U.S. History textbook off the shelf. My arm is soon tugged back, sparks shooting up my arm.

"Kitten, come on."

He whispers low in my ear, so close that it sends shivers down my spine. I nod slightly and feel Brixton's nose rub slowly against my skin. I bite my bottom lip, taking a breath to compose myself, and picking up my books from the other desk. Brixton climbs out the back window of the library, making me roll my eyes. I open the back door, and I smirk at Brixton who only sticks out his bottom lip, pouting at my attitude.

"I have to study."

"You have to eat."

"I can do both at the same time."