Prologue - Frosty Fun

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

I sigh, placing another set of skates back on the shelf. It was almost the end of my shift and he hadn't shown up yet... I hear some people out front talking loudly, probably some small argument. The door opened and I turn to greet them.

"Hello, welcome to- Ghiacchio! I thought you wouldn't come today!" I squeal, smiling brightly as the blue-haired boy approaches the counter. His mildly annoyed expression softened quickly as I greeted him. He was followed in by 2 men, one with a purple mask thing and lilac hair, the other with brown hair tied in pigtails.

"Hey (Y/N), sorry I worried you. These idiots wouldn't let me leave without them." Ghiacchio sighed, making me chuckle as I look between the 3 men.

"So, these are your friends? Nice to meet you both! I'm (Y/N), welcome to the Rink." I smile, holding my hand out to the purple boy. The man stared at my hand for a few seconds people happily taking it into his own to shake.

"Wonderful to meet you, (Y/N). I'm Melone." He purred, seeming to caress my hand. I take my hand away a bit earlier then I would have. I turn to shake the other man's hand. The pigtailed man took my hand with a small smirk.

"Names Illuso, nice to meet you." Illuso said, his grip a bit tighter than needed. I smile anyway and turn to the skates.

"So, what size skates are we looking for?"

-time skip-

I smile as I walk into the locker room, quickly changing out of my uniform. One of my coworkers eyed me with a smirk.

"I'm guessing that Ghiacchio showed up?" She chuckled, halfway threw changing into uniform. I look at her with a skeptical look on my face.

"How did you know?" I throw an eyebrow up in confusion. She laughed as if I was joking before explaining.

"You've got that stupid smile on your face. You only smile like that when you see Ghiacchio." She smirked. I could feel my face turn bright pink. It was kinda obvious to everyone that I had a thing for Ghiacchio. I turn back to changing, a bit of small talk between some coworkers still going on.

After putting on my soft very light blue sweater and white shorts, I grab my skates and dart over to the rink Ghiacchio was at. Today was one of the rare days I could skate with him. I didn't have after-work plans or worked longer than when he left. It's one of my favorite kinds of days.

Apon arriving at rink, I could see Melone falling over and Illuso struggling with stating on his feet. I chuckle as I watch Ghiacchio calmly skate around the 2 as they struggle.

"Ghia! Mind if I skate with you guys?" I call from the outskirts of the rink. Ghiacchio stops as he hears the nickname, his face seeming to be a bit red but that could be from the mild cold. He quickly looks over at his fallen friends, who nodded with a thumbs up.

"Yeah, come on in." He smiled, scratching the back of his neck. I smile like a child and quickly throw on my skates. They were customary, white with light blue snowflakes and my name written in a darker blue. I happily slid out into the ice, loving the sound of ice scraping agents my skates. After quickly slipping over to the men, Melone looked up with pitiful eyes.

"(Y/N), please! You have to help me. I can't ever stand with these knife shoes!" He pleaded, reaching a shaky hand up to my leg. I smile pitifully and crouch down.

"How about I get you a skate cone to walk around with and teach you how to skate?" I ask softly, almost in the tone that you'd speak in when talking to a lost child. He sighed and I could have sworn I saw tears in his eyes.

"Di molto! You're a godsend!" I chuckle and stand back up, floating over to cones. I quickly grab 2 of them since I was sure Illuso was going to need one too and slip back over to the group.

"Here, just hold the top of it. You can use it for balance or to help you move around." I explain handing the cones to the 2 strugglers. Melone quickly clutched onto it for dear life well Illuso held it shakily. I spend a good few minutes teaching the men how to move around on the ice before leaving them to there devices. I skate over to Ghia, doing a circle around him before skating beside him.

"Your friends are interesting. How long have you known them?" I asked him, happy to have some time to talk with him. He glanced over at me and smiled. God, that sweet little smile.

"I've known those 2 idiots for a couple of years now. Though every conversation I have with them makes me regret meeting them..." He sighs, turning backward on his skates, skating backward to face me. I tilt my head a bit at his comment.

"What do you mean? I think they seem fun to hang out with." I defend them, knowing it might have made Ghiacchio mad. He had come in a few times upset about either language or things he refused to speak about.

I would usually just watch him take several rounds around the rink before skating to the center and sitting down. Those were decent days because I could hang out with him but seeing him upset made me horribly sad.

"Melone is a stupid perv whos annoying every day and Illuso messes with me almost every time he can." Ghiacchio sighed in annoyance. I smile softly, skating another circle around him before skating right in front of his face.

"I think they only do those things because they care about you. Those are good friends." I smile before my pocket buzzes. I skated to a quick stop, checking my phone. It was a request for later that night. 'I really need to quit this job...' I sigh and look over to the guys. I skate over to them.

"Hey umm... I have to leave. Sorry to cut our time short, but its some kind of emergency. I'm really sorry..." I apologize to them, lowering my head in mild shame. There was pure silence for a few moments before a hand lands on my head. I was shocked and lifted my head, seeing Ghiacchio patting my head with a soft smile.

"It's alright, (Y/N). Go ahead and do what you need. But, so you can make it up to me, I'm gonna give you my number so we could hang out later. Alright?" His voice was soft, almost apologetic. Chiacchio then pulled out a notebook and pen, scribbled down a number before tearing out the paper and handing it to me. I stare down at the paper before smiling like an idiot and hugging Ghiacchio. He seemed to be shocked but hugged me back gently.

"Thank you for understanding. I'll text you, ok?" I say happily, skating off the rink. Ghiacchio waved as I leave, seeming shocked moments later. As soon as I notice him being worried, I run into someone. Due to the ice, I fell immediately.

"Ow- I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." I chuckle and look up at the person I bumped into. And I mean up. He was tall and looked like some BDSM clown. It was weird... I stand back up and slide past him, quickly taking off my skates and walking away.

_________________________
And it is done. Hope you all liked the small wholesomeness of this chapter, I couldn't bring him to get mad at (Y/N)!

Was honestly inspired to make this because of a author named Cactusperson12, so I suggest reading there La Squala x reader story! It's great.

Welp, drink some water and have a good day!

-sleepy author