Talent Of Yours

"Alright, fine. Then we get to do something of my choice."

"A reward of sorts. Talking about rewards, I still deserve one from contributing to the bettering of our english class."

"I almost forgot. What would you like to do?"

"We both get a reward after you study."

"I was trying to distract you."

"It didn't work. Come on. Fifteen minutes?"

"Five."

"Ten."

Brixton thinks for a second before giving in to ten minutes. Those ten minutes fly by quicker than he thought they would, and soon we are on our way for my reward. Of course I chose buying a shit ton of books at Barnes & Noble. Brixton laughs at my choice, but since it's my reward, he follows like a lost puppy. I squeal quietly as I enter the store, ready to drain my bank account. Brixton wraps an arm around my waist as we walk through the store. Because I'm short, I ask Brixton to reach for the books on the higher shelf for me.

Without my knowledge, Brixton has stolen my wallet away from me, so I can't pay. What a slick bastard, but I think it's adorable. He wants to pay for my hundred dollar pile of books. He's totally going to regret that later, sorry (not sorry at all). I place the books on the counter, and the woman behind it rolls her eyes. Well that was rude. 

I'm using my smart brain to read, while she's using hers to judge. I almost feel bad for those people. They have chosen the wrong side of society. Darth Vader got sucked into the bad side, but that doesn't mean we all have to follow suit. That's way beside the point, but she's going to waste her life judging people when she could be living her own best life.

"What are you thinking about?"

"She makes me sad."

"She was horribly rude to you."

"Sad, right? She's probably so insecure about herself that she feels like she needs to bring other people down. She probably feels less alone that way."

"I never thought of it like that."

"You don't really unless you've experienced it or have been a victim of it."

"Sometimes I forget that you were locked in a closet at a party."

"Yeah. It's pretty damn weird."

"I cannot believe that's how I met you."

Instead of getting inside his car, I start to walk around the mall. People pass by, and Brixton grasps my hand, wanting to hold it.

"I'm sorry."

"For what, Brixton?"

"For not paying attention. For not questioning what they said about you."

"Did you believe everything they were saying?"

"No, not really. I always felt that everyone was trying to influence me into thinking that you deserved everything you got, but I think they are wrong."

"But before you met me, did you believe them?"

"No. I thought you slept with Derek, but I didn't think you were a slut, or a homewrecker, or anything else."

"I did sleep with Derek."

"And I've slept with most of the sorority girls. Who probably had boyfriends."

"Yeah. It's horrible how much society judges women for having sexual desires."

"It's horrible that society judges women so strictly in general."