Cinnamon

"I'm sorry I couldn't do it."

"Look, kitten. There's no pressure with the list. Yes, I think it would be good for you to finish it, but we can always replace one. Skinny dipping was a good idea at the time, but now, it's not as fun as we thought it would be. Now you can do something else instead or nothing at all. What do you have left?"

"So no skinny dipping?"

"No."

"Oh, thank god. I have the drive in movie, lingerie, and the Beverly Hills Hotel."

"There's a drive in movie playing tomorrow night. I think they are playing Rebel Without a Cause."

"Are you kidding? I think I'm going to cry."

"Why?"

"I love James Dean. We would be married if he wasn't dead, and I lived at the time he was acting. He would be my soulmate."

Brixton laughs, finally warm enough to start the drive to my apartment.

"Are you serious?"

"Dead. I love him so much. It also doesn't hurt that he's fucking gorgeous. I think I've told you about this."

"You have, but it surprises me every time."

"Why? He's a classic. An icon. A hotty. What's not to love?"

"The fact that he's dead."

"I know. It's incredibly sad."

Brixton holds my hand tightly as he continues to drive. I look out the window to see that we aren't headed in the direction towards my apartment.

"Where are we going?"

"So, you know how I told you about getting an apartment after I graduate?"

"Well, yeah. You have to."

"I decided to get it a little earlier."

"You officially moved out?"

"Yes. I watched you move out, and I knew that I couldn't live with those boys anymore. I couldn't live near those girls anymore either."

"Are we going there?"

"Yeah. If that's okay. We can cuddle there."

"I would love that. Yes! You have to give me a tour."

"Of course, and we could just hang out. I could drive you home afterwards."

"Yeah. I have a change of clothes in my bag though. If you don't feel like driving me back."

"Do you always have a change of clothes?"

"I never know what type of trouble I might get myself into."

He hums in response, pulling onto a more isolated street. I look around to see that he's not too far from the city. Street lamps light up the sidewalk with an orange haze. I looked across Brixton, to peer out his window only to see his other car sitting in a driveway with an empty parking spot next to it. Brixton pulls in, but I can see his nerves building as he turns off the car.

"I'm sure I'll like it."

"You're the first person I've invited in. I'm a little nervous."

"The first person. I must be special."

"You are. You really are."

"Come on, I want to see your apartment."

"I would call it a bachelor pad."