Chaper 18 - The Day Ninjago Stood Still

Lucy gave up after a few days and listened to her mother's explanation.

Afterwards, she ranted at the woman.

"I understand your point but you did it horribly." Lucy deadpanned. "You had other choices. You didn't have to break off all contact with us. Lloyd needed his mother, I needed my mother. You could've called every now and then, giving an update, talking to us, letting us talk to you. Or you could've chosen a better boarding school. One that didn't send Lloyd on a mission to take over the world in hope of impressing Dad, and me to grow up in an environment where the only girls were really old teachers and even then there were only two of them." Lucy ranted. "You had so many different choices..."

She took a deep breath.

"But... not everyone thinks things through completely. As much as I'd want the past to change, I wouldn't be the person I am today had you not done that. So I guess I have to thank you."

Misako brightened. "Thank you Lucinda. And you're right, I should've handled that better. But I will try to make it up to you and Lloyd."

Lucy nodded. "Good... I'm going to go take a shower."

Lucy left and took a shower. She got changed into cleaner clothes and washed her hoodie. She tied a pink bandana around her head to hold her hair back and used a dragonfly hair clip to hold the bandana still.

After that, she headed downstairs. But she overheard Sensei and Misako.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I brought my research on the prophecy of the Green Ninja. I thought maybe we could go over it together." Misako said.

"Hmm, my. There's so much. It will take days." Sensei said.

"Yes, but I learned something odd that I noticed you haven't."

"Oh?"

"The second half of the Prophecy of the Green Ninja." Misako explained. "In the Green Ninja's shadow will be a light, the only way to make the Dark Lord be defeated for good."

"Ahh, I know about that. I believe it means his four protectors."

"Hmm, his shadows. They are right behind him and because of them, Lloyd will have the power to defeat Garmadon." Misako nodded. "That makes sense."

Silence came and Lucy shook her head and began to walk to stop eavesdropping, she froze j hike ever  when Misako dropped a bomb.

"I should have chosen you."

Sensei sighed. "The past is the past."

"Yes, but there's always the future."

Nope. Lucy kept walking. She wasn't going to listen to that. Nope. Not today. She doesn't have to listen to her mom tell her husband's brother that she should've chose him. Nuh uh.

She went onto the deck when she felt the ground shake. How she felt that on a flying ship she didn't know, but she had to find out.

She jumped off the Bounty and slid down the anchor. She landed on the street and stumbled.

The ground was definitely shaking. Earthquake. A moment passed before it faded.

"Help!" Lucy looked up and saw a person hanging from their balcony. Probably got knocked over in the earthquake.

"Hold on!" Lucy jumped and started to climb from balcony to balcony. She grabbed the man's arm and pulled him up and back onto the balcony.

"Thank you." He panted.