Chapter 32: Eli

A/N: 13.07.20

⤵️⤵️⤵️

My knees felt weak. I hated the effect his voice had on me and how his earthy-brown eyes made my stomach twist. Steven must have noticed and so he took this moment as an opportunity, taking a step closer towards me. 

“Steven-”

“I fucked up, Eli,” he said, his face so close that he could almost kiss me. “I’m sorry, it won’t happen again. I’ll make things right again, so give me another chance.”

I turned my face to the side, feeling my face flush pink. “You’re happier with girls.”

"I dated them for us, you know I did. I didn't have a choice!"

"You did have a choice!” I shouted, pushing him and his flowers back. Anger started rising up my chest and I tried my best to suppress the pain.

“You did have a choice. You had the choice to date and love me and only me but I obviously wasn’t enough for you.”

“I told you that it was only a cover-up. Did you really want us to go to our parents and tell them that we were gay?  My dad was suspecting something, asking me why my friends were dating and I wasn't. If I didn't do something, he would have found out about us."

I felt like this conversation was leading to nowhere. Why didn't Steven understand that I needed some time away from him? And why couldn't he leave Thomas out of this?

"You did it for yourself."

"If he found out about me, he would have found out about you. I did it for us, why can’t you understand that?”

I flinched, crossing my arms over my chest and averting his eyes.

"I did it for us," Steven repeated as steadily as he could. "And I can't believe you ditched me for that loser after everything I've done for our relationship. This is what I get in return for watching out for you?”

I didn't doubt Steven when he said that he was trying to protect us, but I couldn't go back to him. Our relationship was toxic and it hurt me.

"I… I have to go," I said, brushing past him.

Steven caught my arm and reeled me back and before I could get ahold of the situation, he slammed his lips against mine with so much force that my teeth cut the inside of my mouth. I could taste his tongue and my blood and winced when he pulled me closer towards him. I bit his lower lip and yanked away, quickly covering my lips with the back of my hand, bewildered. 

"Are you out of your mind?!" I shouted. 

Steven must have realized what he had done and guilt filled his eyes.

“I- I’m sorry, Eli, it was impulsive, I didn’t-”

“Just stop! Stop apologizing and stop playing with my feelings! We’re over, Steven, and even if I wasn’t with Thomas, I wouldn't get back together with you!" I said, fighting back the tears of anger that started filling my eyes. 

“Eli-”

He caught my elbow once again but when he saw that I was crying, he immediately let me go. Steven knew better than anyone else that I absolutely hated crying in front of people.

Why would I cry when I had everything? I was rich and happy and the last thing I needed was for people to look down on me. But I’ve never had a problem crying in front of Steven, he was the only person I’d ever allow myself to become soft with. Neither of us were perfect but we’ve always been there for together throughout all those years, so why was he making me so miserable now? Why did he have to ruin not only our relationship but also our friendship?

"Touch me again and I'll scream," I warned him. "And if you ever approach me again, I’ll tell your parents everything. Even if it means taking me down with you,” I threatened. 

I was bluffing, of course. I would never do that to Steven. But I also knew that Steven was willing to do anything to keep his secret and that even the thought of his family finding out that he’s messed with boys before was enough to send chills down his spine.

That was the problem. Steven didn't love me enough to tell others the truth. He didn't care enough to stop lying. And for that, I couldn't be with him.

He let go immediately and I marched back to my house, wiping away my tears before the maids could see me. 

I ran to my room and closed the door behind me, touching my split lip still tasting blood. I gulped, feeling my heart thump against my chest. A mix of emotions washed through my mind but there was one major question that surfaced among the tide.

How was I going to explain this to Thomas?

️⤵️⤵️

A/N: The marriage might need to wait...

This is the last chapter of Accidentally Bent that will be available on Wattpad️⚠️

The rest of part II (+7 chapters) and part III of AB will only be available on my Patreon.