Chapter 8: Playing with Others

Just feeling Hisoka's chest press against mine takes my breath away. I push away from him before he feels my nipples stiffen. I won't insult him by asking how he knew it was me. His perception is unnaturally good, so a split second is all he'd need to identify me. Guess I should've put the mask on sooner. He tries to take it off, but I snatch my face out of his hand. "No. I don't want the others to know who I am."

His eyes narrow as he giggles like I'm playing some cute game. "Very well."

A few other zombies fall through the gaping hole above as Kurapika fights through the masses.

"You couldn't possibly be here to fight. Not after making such a terrible entrance," he says.

I purse my lips for a moment. "I'm here because the mafia wants to roundup the Phantom Troupe, but to make things easier, I'll settle for Chrollo."

Hisoka snickers. "You're hardly in a position to bargain. Maybe if you'd been paying attention to bystanders on the street you would've noticed the lookouts that were planted around the block."

I'm so sick of this bastard thinking he knows everything. "We're not in the arena anymore. You won't be able to see my every move."

"I should hope not."

"Stop toying with your prey and just kill them already!" a voice from below us says.

I need to find a way to get out of his web. Maybe I could try...I yank my head over to his and take his bottom lip between mine. It's so soft and sleek and the right amount of wet. The plan was actually for him to avoid the kiss and knock me to the ground, but I guess he's not scared or surprised by my usual tricks. Not that I'm complaining. He growls as he playfully bites my lip in response. "Sorry to disappoint you," he backs up and takes the skin of his lips off, Texture Surprise, "but I always wear protection." Before I can respond he knocks me to the ground. Well, at least I got some pleasure out of my pain.

Guess he won the first knockdown, but we're far from done.

A bright light begins to form behind me. As I get up I see a blonde haired man with beady eyes wind up his arm, but before he finishes two small ballistic knives shoot through it. Two other members have appeared, a bob haired woman and a one-eyed cretin with long shaggy hair. The woman raises her gun looking around to see where the knives came from. Chrollo is nowhere to be found.

Kurapika drops down from the roof and finishes the blonde man by stabbing through both his legs with the samurai sword and knocking him out with a kick. I had no idea my partner could move as fast as a speeding bullet. "Take care of the other two," Kurapika says in a low voice to me, I'll handle the one up top," he nods towards Hisoka. I don't think he knows what he signed up for, but I won't waste time hesitating.

I make quick work of the little guy by punching him out. Wonder what his skills are because strength definitely isn't one of them. The woman approaches, trying to pistol whip me with her gun, but I flip over her and body slam her by the hair into the wall. It's been a while since I've been in a girl fight, let alone a challenging one. She throws a few punches at me, even lands one out of six, but it's easy to disorient her. I slap her with the back of my hand from the bottom of her face up to her hook-shaped nose. It's so loud it sounds wet. For the TKO, I grab her by the face, pick her up, and slam her into the wall. Damn, no wonder Chrollo is nowhere to be found. His bodyguards suck ass. Other than a few scrapes on my arm, I'm fine.