ELEVEN

unedited

ELEVEN. BACK AT THE BAU

DAISY WAS THANKFUL FOR TURTLENECK SEASON. Walking into the BAU on Monday with fading hickeys dotted across her body could have been an absolute disaster had she not covered herself in concealer, a high collared top and a thick woollen scarf.

"You look warm," Emily chuckled as Daisy flew through the bullpen, sweat beading at her forehead. She was red in the face and breathing a little heavier than usual, so it was clear she wasn't thriving in her current state.

"I wouldn't recommend so many layers," Spencer piped up as she put her bag down, followed by her jacket. She glanced over at him, where he was spinning a pen between his fingers. "You wouldn't need a scarf until the end of the month, at least."

"Unless," Emily walked around the desks, reaching for the scarf. Daisy nimbly dodged out of the way, her eyes wide and alert. She hadn't even had her dose of caffeine yet, but she wasn't about to take any chances. Emily gasped, quickly guessing what she was hiding. "Oh my god."

"What?" Spencer asked cluelessly. He looked between the two women, who seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes. He sat up in his chair. "Am I missing something here?"

"Quiet, Prentiss," Daisy tightened her scarf and stuck her tongue out at Emily, whose grin got wider by the second. She shivered dramatically for effect, despite the perspiration across her body. "I'm just...cold."

"The heating's on," Spencer pointed out, looking up at her with dipped brows. "If you're feeling a chill, you should go and see a doctor. You may have a fever, which can be tied to infections and cancers."

"Thank you, Spencer," Daisy noted. Emily lifted her hand to cover her mouth, trying to conceal her laughter. Daisy huffed and grabbed her colleague by the arm, tugging her into the corner by the coffee machine. Luckily no one was there, so they were alone for the most part. At the sudden movement, Emily's expression was one of excitement. Daisy lowered her voice to a whisper. "Listen, you can't tell anyone."

"I'm sworn to secrecy," Emily insisted.

Daisy looked around them, just in case, and noticed Spencer watching them curiously. Part of her felt guilty about not pulling him over as well, but somehow she knew Emily could keep her mouth shut. She had a feeling Spencer would bring it up in conversation accidentally, and not realise what he'd done. She smiled at him sheepishly, before returning her attention to Emily. She hesitated, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I...slept with someone on Friday night."

"That much is obvious," Emily scoffed, before leaning in. "Who was it? Were they hot? Was it good?"

Daisy opened her mouth to respond, but she was cut off by a commanding voice from the other side of the bullpen.