chapter 28

I padded inside the bathroom.

He was crouched over the sink, his palms resting against the edges as his veins popped up through them running up his arms like dangerous snakes.

His eyes were studying something invisible.

"First you do your business." I mumbled.

I felt his eyes on me. I waited.

He finally inhaled visibly and moved towards me.

I took a staggering step back but instead of him lashing out on me, he just shut the door in my face.

Phew!

I released my breath and out of habit, my fingers encircled around the thin straps of the leather bracelet.

It was becoming my addiction by every passing day.

Cool wind reached me through the open window and my heart lurched for it to take it all in. It gets claustrophobic here so often than not.

What could have happened if this place wasn't cool one or worse if there were no windows!

I jumped at the door jerking open behind me.

"Follow me."

I saw him walking out the door with a small bucket full of water in his hand. I frowned at his now shirt covered back.

Where is he going?

I trailed after him nonetheless.

We descended down the stairs. His extremely quiet steps leading my loud padding. If I were blindfolded, I wouldn't even realize that someone was walking ahead of me.

Soon he reached towards the main door of the cabin and bolted it open.

A fresh breeze swept past him, bringing his soapy scent along, giving an early morning message.

My soul lunged for it.

I stepped down the stair and out in the open.

There was a small bar of wire, circling around the cabin and small pots of plants placed along its length. The branches of plants were entangled around these wires like beads rolled inside the threads.

Flowers in red, pink, offwhite and purple speaking through them like Pearl's tossed around on sea shore.

I bet they must be twinkling like stars in the moonlight!

Someone grasped my hand making me let out an unexpected gasp.

I looked up at his face but he was already steering me towards a clearing, where there was an opening leading out of the cabin area.

I thought he might be taking me somewhere near but he stopped where wire ended next to the pot containing lady of the night plant.

"Over here." He left my hand and crouched down next to the plant.

A subtle waft of fragrance greeted my nostrils, spreading peace inside of me and I wanted nothing else but to sit beside it and rejoice in its presence.

So I knelt down beside him.

"Let me hold that." I pointed at the bucket of water and he passed me.

"Here."

I took a deep breath, shifting on the other foot to stop the building up cramp at the sole of my feet.