R E D W I N E

Growing up in a very unstable family has taught me many things

Growing up in a very unstable family has taught me many things. If I don't like it, replace it. If I want it then I'll get it. The Ridges family has many secrets, secrets that my father has made disappear, others buried 6ft underground.

When I say my family is fucked, I mean their fucked up.

When I crashed my dads Bugatti La Voiture Noire after my parents told me about their soon to be divorce, my dad claimed I was out of control, that I didn't know the value of money, maybe I was just upset that my mom is fucking my uncle and my dad is fucking his assistant.

Tonight there's a party at my house which my dad intends on getting me a job with the Santos family, their new friends to my dad and he wants to make a great first impression, what's a better way then having his teen daughter be their nanny.

Fun

"You look gorgeous, Cricket." My mom says as she flattens my dress. I simply roll my eyes at her affectionate words.

Cricket is a nickname my family calls me, it started when I was six. I had a fascination with crickets, don't ask why.

"I don't know, I think this dress covers too much." I smirk while turning around to see her expression.

The dress is perfect, it's cherry red and reaches above my knee. It was short but everyone knows I like wearing short dresses. My hair had tight curls which made me look way older than what I actually am. I just wanted to mess with my mom due to the fact that my uncle will be attending and my dad's assistant will also be attending.

"I want to talk about everything baby." My mom holds my small, delicate hand in her old, cold ones.

"You mean me catching you and uncle Paul together?" I asked, my attitude clearly showing how angry I am at her. I pulled my hand out of hers and glanced at my door.

"Your father did it too." My mom tries to justify her actions by bringing my dad into it.

"Unbelievable." I laugh sarcastically.

"My dad valued our relationship more, at least my dad had the balls to tell me what was going on!"

"You have so much faith in your father, maybe you should find out the whole truth instead of pointing fingers." My mom shouts back.

I cocked my eyebrow up, not understanding what she meant by that.

"What are you suggesting?" I questioned.

My mom gulps before turning around, she regains her strength. "I'll see you downstairs at the party, Adora."

My mom walks out the door leaving me confused by what she had said. I've always been a daddy's girl, my dad was always the one to make me smile and laugh and my mom was always the bad cop, the one that made me cry and hate life.