Chapter 5

Blood-related or not...

As soon as he leaves I shut the door and throw my backpack to the floor

As soon as he leaves I shut the door and throw my backpack to the floor. I look over to the bed deciding if I want to sleep or not. Nah who know my brothers might kill me in my sleep. I grab my cigarettes and lighter from my pocket and open the bedroom window. The bedroom is truly gorgeous everything is perfect. Opening the window, I let the fresh breeze come into my room freely. It smells so fresh and lively, it's so different here compared to London. For one it is a shit load warmer. Which I can get used to.

I light my cigarette and just stare over the landscape. From the bedroom window, you can see the whole garden and landscape the mansion is on. This place is freaking huge. It is quite humorous to think that yesterday I was in a shitty house with abusive stoned pricks and now I am in a mansion with some rich snobs who claim to be my family. Right now, my life could be some tv show or movie. If only dad was here... if only I could hear his voice again. If only I could hear his lullaby again.. if only I listen to his princess stories again.. if only..

After my cigarette, I place it in an old tin can because I have nowhere else to put it. as I play the tin my backpack I admire my room. The room is truly beautiful... I wonder what Vince does to be able to afford this. This sort of place and money is hard to come by I wonder what Vince and my 'brothers' do to be able to afford such an extravagant place. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door to inspect who it was only to be greeted by fancy man and his weird smile. "Hello, fancy man, to what do I owe this...pleasure". I smile sweetly at him batting my eyelashes. "The others and father is waiting to greet you downstairs before dinner". His words came out gently but his tone was stern. "Well let's not waste any of their precious time". I skip forward and smirk knowing that my tone and words irritated Alex. When I reached down the staircase and walked down into the living room six men waited in there.

HOLY.....were all these man tall trees or something. They were all ginormous and had muscles on muscles. My eyes were caught on one of the younger-looking ones. He looked just like me. a male version of me only taller and larger. He looked stunned as so probably did I. the resemblance between us was undeniable. He was definitely my...twin.. the one fancy man talked about. "Hello Breanna, I am so glad to have you here. I am your father". This pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked up at the man with disgust and judgment. The man looked to be in his late forties and had dark brown hair along with the darkest brown eyes I had ever seen. I do admit he looks pretty good for his age and somewhat young. "So, your Vince"? my eyebrows raised at him and he looked hurt. Probably because I didn't unknowledge him as my father. "Yes... I am so happy you are here". He had tears in his eyes and he went to me and pulled me in a hug wrapping his large arms around me. this caught me off the guard. I probably looked like a deer in headlights. I stood stiff as he held me in his arms.

He let go and smiled down at me. He seriously was like ten times taller than me. "You are so beautiful". My eyebrows furrowed, I did not know how to respond. This was not what I expected at all. I expected my biological parents to be poor abusive probably drug addicts or alcoholics. But my so-called sperm donner is the complete opposite and is handsome, rich well mannered and gentleman. Which annoys the crap out of me. "umm cheers I guess". I shuttered not knowing what to say. No one has ever been able to make me nervous or speechless. But yet this old dickhead can.

"Your accent is so cute". I turned my head to see where the childish squeal came from. It came from one of the older looking brothers. He as well wore a black suit, he wore a fancy leather watch with his dark brown hair polished back. "Who are you". I couldn't help the coldness and bitterness under my tone. "Introduce yourselves oldest to youngest as well as tell your age". They all rolled their eyes probably from being talked to like a baby.

"Lorenzo, I'm 26". Everything screamed uptight, grumpiness and authority about him. His arms were folded and he looked bored and uninterested. Well isn't he just a ball of sunshine and rainbows. His hair was similar to mine and his eyes were as dark as Vince's he was also as tall as Vince. Which is pretty damn tall. His eyes scanned me like he was studying and scanning for emotion. "Hello I'm Milo, I'm 25. The handsome and least boring brother". His smile was cheeky and he was smiling at me. I looked at him questionably at him. He was a bit shorter than sunshine next to him. He had dark chestnut hair with light golden-brown eyes. "Hello piccolo we have already being acquainted but I am alexander and I am 22". I couldn't help the smile what left me. As much as I hate to fancy man's smile was very contagious and heart-warming. "It's a pleasure to nice to meet you my name is Luke and I am 18". Luke and his twin were identical the only thing that tore them apart was the fact that Luke wore glasses. Luke sounded very well-mannered and calm I was pretty surprised. I expected all these boys to act and talk like arrogant pigs... like, Mike...

The twin next to him didn't say anything and only glared angrily at me. Well, who peed in his cheerio's this morning. I felt my heart clench a bit and felt my stomach drop at the painful and hard look he was giving me. it was a feeling of rejection and hurt. Which confused me because I didn't really care about them.. "Louis". Sunshine's and the old man's voice radiated through the room. I felt my own fear rush through me hearing their loud warning voices. Memories of Mikes, Margaret's loud roaring voices came through my mind like a broken record.

"fine... I'm Louis and I am 18... HAPPY". Jesus this boy is acting like a 5-year-old pork chop. Maybe that is his nickname. The old man glared at Pork Chop with his eyes narrowing with fire at him. "I-i...". I turn to my nervous twin who still looks speechless. Apart from me want to run over to him and hold him tight. But the other half is telling me to stand my ground. He clears his throat. "Sorry... My name is Bruno and I am 15". My eyes twinkle with sadness as I look at my twin. I really have had a twin all this time... I have really been missing a missing piece. But I shouldn't want that piece... Dad looks at me with a smile and the others just stare at me with blank stares. I stare at all of them with a confused face. Is my family stupid or something? "Introduce yourself Bambina". The old man says warmly and now I feel like the stupid one. AND Seriously what is with these weird Italian nicknames. He could be calling me a hippo or a fat monkey or something. "My name is Breanna Carman. what did you just say"? They all stared at me angrily for some reason and the eldest brother turned to old man angrily. "Why hasn't her name been changed yet". Enzo asked angrily fire lingering behind his tone. "It has being changed". Father turns to me and looks at me sternly. "Your name has been changed. You are now Breanna Moretti". If I was drinking water I would have choked on it.

"Excuse me, but who do you think you are to change my name"? Anguish and outrange was evident in my tone. "your father". He bluntly stated. I stepped forward and stood on tippy toes to stand against him. How. Dare. He. He looked surprised but angry that I was challenging him. I had only just met this man minutes ago and he is already on my bad list. "And who said you are my father"? He looks shocked and his face softens sadness washes through his eyes. "By the blood that runs through your veins and as it does, I will forever be your father so you will respect me". I have never hated anyone to point I hate this man, not even Margaret or Mike. I have only ever had one father in my life and it will always remain that way. So how dare the man who threw me out when I was a baby. suddenly come back in my life call himself my father and demand my respect. "You are not my father! You are simply a sperm donor". My so-called brothers all step forward and the man who is supposedly meant to be father looks hurt. I step back and dust myself of. "Look I appreciate you trying to take me in and all. But I substantially think it would be best if you just put me into foster care or something". My heart drops and I feel it breaking. I try to ignore the feeling but it feels like a dagger in my chest. Two strong hands grasp my shoulders and my 'father' has bent down to my eye level. "As long as I and you are alive you will live here". I inhale and exhale to calm breaths. If I don't control myself I will probably quite likely punch this man in the face.

Deep breaths Brea... control yourself...