Chapter 6

Funny you think you can control me.

 His eyes study me and he sighs deeply

His eyes study me and he sighs deeply. "Look Bambina I'm sorry it's taken this long for me to find you. But truthfully I didn't know I had a daughter until yesterday. I am very sorry Bambina". Now it is my turn to study him. If he is lying then he should be getting an Oscar. "How about we all sit down then you can ask some questions hmm"? how calmly he spoke was hypnotising It reminded me so of when dad spoke to me. I only nodded in response. We all sat down on the massive L shape couch and Vince brought a chair over so he was sitting directly in front of me. "Go ahead Bambina". I rolled my eyes at the nickname but let it go because I want some answers.

"How come you only knew of Bruno? And what happened to my.... mother"? He smiled like he expected this to be my question or something. "To answer your first questions. Nine months before you were both born. Your mother ran off not telling she was pregnant. She ran out of the family and left us all behind. We searched and searched and searched for her but found nothing. we went to the conclusion she just simply didn't want to be found and just wanted to be left alone. We slowly started to move on and nine months later there was a baby boy left on my doorstep. There was no note or anything just a hospital bracelet". I listened carefully and to every detail. The thing about the hospital bracelet caught my attention. When John found me, he searched through all the hospital records but there was no trace whatsoever. I was a complete mystery. "Did the bracelet say which hospital"? Vince raised his eyebrows and the others looked a bit confused. "Saint kinder Marys hospital". My face scrunched up in confusion. That was not a hospital in London but how was that possible. I was only a day old when I was found. "How old were you when you were brought here"? Bruno looked at looking at me with conflicted eyes. "The doctors said I was at least three days old". Processing the information that was enough days for him to go from London to America. But everything was still a complete mystery.  "Are you positive you were born in that hospital"? Bruno's lips twitched into a large frown. "No". He sighed. I felt so frustrated everything was so confusing and heartbreaking. Why would my mum do this? For one why did she decide to only give my twin to my father and brothers and deny me from that? Why did she practically try to kill me?  I only felt sadness in my heart and rejection. The feeling in my chest and heart almost felt unbearable and overwhelming. 

"I was definitely born in London... as I was only a day old when I was found. There is no hospital called that in London and all the hospitals in London had no records of me and especially not twins for the matter". I was mostly talking to myself processing all the information I was thinking. Vince and the others listened intently taking it in as well.  "Laura our mother probably faked the hospital to make sure she was not found". Louis suggested and it did make the most sense. I felt so overwhelmed and confused. I had only met Vince and my brothers today and it has already made my heart and mind spin a thousand times. "How about we have some dinner"? Vince suggested. The others seemed content with this because they jumped up and eagerly walked to the dining room. Bruno stayed and smiled widely back at me. "Coming twin"? He grinned pulling his hand out for me to take. I rolled my eyes and huffed which made him pout like a lost puppy. Feeling the guilt swarm through me I grabbed his hand which seems to make him extremely happy.

If Ryan was here he would fall out of his chair and choke on air. To be honest I am surprised myself. I have never been so nice... I guess I have a weak spot for my sweet twin. Everyone smiled widely at us and Milo awed and cooed at us. "You're sitting next to me". Bruno cheered and I only muttered things under my breath. Why couldn't I say no?  I huffed and fell into the seat dramatically. "Are you sure she isn't Louis's twin"? Milo smirks causing both me and Louis glare at him.  Maids enter the room with large plates of lasagne. A large serving is placed in front of me I instantly gag. I remember Dad always had to always bribe or force me to eat meals. I just would never feel hungry and he always had to force me to eat my three meals every day. I guess its reason why it never bothered me that mike and Margaret starved me and deprived of food. "Is everything ok"? Vince interrupts my thoughts with a concerned face. "You can have something else if you like"?  Oh, he probably thinks I am a picky eater or something.

"Oh no, this is fine". He smiles but still looks unconvinced.  Soon I bring a mouthful to my lips and the rich flavour of tomatoes and vegetables and herbs burst on my tastebuds. My eyes light up at the rich intensity of the flavour. I have never had food what tasted so good. "Is it good Bambina"? Vince chuckled seeming rather amused at my reaction. I clear my throat and bring the napkin to my lips. "It's fine". I say dryly his lips slight turn to a frown. "So why don't you tell us about yourself"? Sunshine himself suggests staring intensely at me. I narrow my eyes hard at his. I hate when people try to get to know me it pisses me off. Ryan has known me for three years and all he knows about me is that I am fifteen, come from a mystery shitty drug home and that I ditch school. I am a definition of an introvert closed book. "How about no". Enzo's eyes darken at my blunt response. Clearly not used to such disrespect. He turned to Vince and his face was clearly angered. "Perhaps we should tell her the rules now"?

pfft, rules... Do they really believe that rules will magically change my behaviour? Oh, dears rules are made to be broken. Vince sighed before taking out a piece of paper before passing it to my twin then he passed it to me. they seriously wrote these rules down. "Those are the rules what we expect of you to follow and respect. If by any chance you break the rules me and your three oldest brothers will be giving you a punishment to what we assume is fair given the scenario".

Rule number 1: no swearing, battiness or disrespect.

Rule number 2: under no circumstance do you go down into the basement.

Rule number 3: no alcohol or drugs...

Rule number 4: good school attendance and good grades.

Rule number 5: no revealing clothes

Rule number 6: no boys or dating

Rule number 7: must inform at least father or brothers of whereabouts and have permission.

Rule number 8: 9:00 pm curfew all days.

Like I said before rules are meant to be broken.