Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Derrick’s POV

I was lying on the couch watching TV.  I still couldn’t believe that today at the park, my daughter had taken my hand to hold and we walked back towards the apartment.

I was so excited and happy.

I heard a door open but I let it go.  Probably one of the girls had to use the bathroom.  I didn’t want to scare them so I didn’t touch the TV volume but most importantly I didn’t move off the couch.

‘Hey.’ I heard.

I looked beside me and there was Angela in her pj’s.

‘Hi, I thought you went to bed?’ I asked her

I sat up to see her better and smile when I saw the shirt of her pj’s was a big yellow happy face.

‘I did, I stayed there until she fell asleep and then I came out.’ She answered.

‘You in a good mood?’ I asked her.

‘Yeah, I am, this,’ she said, showing me her pj top, ‘is just to fool you.  One day, I’ll be so mad and I’ll wear this just to screw with you.’ She said smiling.

My smile vanished, ‘That wouldn’t be nice.’ I said to her.

‘It would be funny…just maybe not for you.’ She said.

‘You’re right.  Maybe you could play that game on my brother since you told me your secret.’ I said.

‘Oh, that’s good.’ She said coming closer and having a seat on the same couch as me.

‘I hadn’t thought about that.’ She said, smiling at me.

‘I thought you were gone to bed.’ I asked.

‘Are you watching something inappropriate on TV?’ she asked, smirking at me.

‘Um…no.  It’s not even 11 o’clock at night.’ I said to her, pointing at the clock.

‘I’m sorry, at what time do they start?’ she asked me.

‘Um…why am I supposed to know that?’ I asked her, feeling my face burning up.

She gave me this look that I could clearly see as, give me a break.

‘I don’t know at what time they start I just know it’s not that time.  Plus, no funny business has been going on since the room across the hall from mine has been taken.’ I answered her.

She laughed, ‘Oh yeah, the room across the hall, is that so?’ she asked, playing dumb.