CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE. INTO THE WOLF'S DEN

"WORST BAD GUYS EVER."

⟡⟡⟡⟡

⟡⟡⟡⟡

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE! If you do, even as a joke, I will block you.

Wren regretted ever leaving the Institute. She should've stayed there that day and taken Isabelle up on her offer to train her. Maybe if she had, she wouldn't be in the predicament she was in now. Maybe she would've been able to better fight off her captors or at least sent a mean right hook to the man's face. At least she got one of them with pepper spray.

The two cars pulled to a stop and Alaric parked the one that the three were in. "Where are we? This isn't the police station," Clary inquired. "Just cooperate and everything will be fine," Alaric replied as he got out of the car and opened the door. "Get out!" The other man demanded, opening the other door. "We didn't do anything wrong," Simon told the man as Wren followed him out of the car.

"Be quiet or you're gonna make this worse for yourself," the other man said. Wren was grabbed by the man from before after he exited the second car. "Hey, you're not cops! Alaric, who are these guys?" Clary said as she looked to Alaric, whose phone was now ringing. "Luke's calling," he told the man who had Simon. "Ignore it. That's an order," the man replied.

"Are you guys with Luke? Did he send you?" Clary asked. "None of your business," the man replied as they were pulled into the building. Wren looked around at the unfamiliar place. It looked to be some sort of restaurant.

Wren was pushed into a seat, followed by Simon, and then Clary. The blonde grunted at the force of being pushed and glared up at the man. "Okay, what is going on? Alaric, did you arrest us for trespassing or something, because, news flash, I was in my own apartment," Clary was saying.

"We're just having a little conversation, that's all," the man next to Alaric answered. "Do you always handcuff people you wanna talk to? I bet this guy has one of the scariest online profiles ever," Simon said. "Simon, shut up," Wren hissed. The unknown man pointed at Simon, "This guy's funny. I like funny."

Alaric leaned onto the table and got in Clary's face. "Look, I know you're scared of Luke. He's trying to find you, I can keep you safe. You just need to tell us where the Mortal Cup is," he said. "Everyone thinks I can find this Cup, but I don't know where it is!" Clary replied.

"Think, Clary. I'm trying to give you a chance," Alaric pressed. "She said she doesn't know where it is," Wren spoke up. The other man's gaze shifted to her. "We're not talking to you," he said, his eyes narrowing. Wren refused to meet his threatening stare. Turning to look at Alaric who was looking at Clary.