Chapter One Hundred & One: A Party of the Ages.

"I guess humans like to watch a little destruction

"I guess humans like to watch a little destruction. Sand castles, houses of cards, that's where they begin. Their great skills is their capacity to escalate."
― Markus Zusak

I was still trying to process the fact that I'd actually kissed Tom Riddle

I was still trying to process the fact that I'd actually kissed Tom Riddle. That I actually had a boyfriend now.

It was the boy who grew up to kill my parents.

I have such great taste in men. Truly.

Tom was right... I was a freaking psychopath.

My heart hadn't stopped pounding since the party had restarted and the dinner had begun. I was still trying to swallow the huge lump that had formed in my throat.

"You do know you're bleeding right?" Pandora muses, hand tracing the edge of my cheek lightly. Her brown eyes were tinted in concern but the smile on her face hadn't left her face.

"I'm happy for you." She whispers, taking me to the side to heal my bleeding face. "He looks at you like you're the only one in the room." She muses.

I look at her wide eyed. "I never knew." I admit and truly I hadn't. I didn't think Tom could learn  to care for anyone other than himself and yet he was changing.

"That's because you aren't looking at him when he's staring at you and he's not looking at you when you're staring at him."

I instantly blush at being caught. "I don't stare." I try to defend myself and she rolls her eyes.

"Valentine darling... You look at him like he's the only one in your universe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat beside Tom, trying not to look at him. My blush was intensifying with every single amused glance Tom was throwing my way.

I stuff some mashed potato in my mouth to stop myself from talking to him.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Tom looked like he wanted to laugh but he was physically restraining himself from doing so.

My mouth was full and I look at him my cheeks puffed out with food.