⇢ CHAPTER 12

season 5 episode 4 & 5

The residents and interns stood at the front of the Nurse's station as Dr

The residents and interns stood at the front of the Nurse's station as Dr. Webber lectured, "Apparently some people thought I was kidding last week when I announced that nobody was going to get to hang out on their favorite speciality anymore. I wasn't. Junior residents don't specialize. So all the requests to send you back to that place where your true heart lives can end now. Dr. Bailey makes the assignments. Do not, and I repeat, do not harangue her." Dr. Webber walked away from the front as he left Dr. Bailey to lecture and pulled George aside, "Look, O'Malley, I made a call. They don't have your score yet. If I knew, I would tell you."

George kept his eyes on Webber's retreating figure as Holly lightly grabbed his arm, "Hey." She smiled as he looked at her, "You passed. I'm sure of it-- we're gonna go to Joe's tonight with Lexie and we're gonna celebrate. I'll buy you a beer and all the peanuts you want."

George sighs, "What if I didn't pass?"

"Then I'll still buy you a beer and all the peanuts you want." Holly smiled, "The plan doesn't change."

Walking bored-ly into the clinic, Cristina immediately placed down the cerave cream for her patient as she ran up to said patient she left with Lexie, who was now in the hands of Holly.

"What happened?" Cristina rushed as she took off her stethoscope from her neck.

"She said she was feeling faint," Holly explained, "and I thought she was just impatient about waiting for her cream."

Cristina looked at the monitor, "Her pulse ox is ninety?"

"Yeah," Holly sighed, "the oxygen's not working."

The patient continued to gasp for air before Cristina placed the stethoscope hurriedly back on her neck as she instructed, "Get her to the E.R." She looked at Holly as she removed the patient's gurney from a still position, "Why didn't you move her to the E.R.?"

"I-I didn't know what to do." Holly admitted, "I--"

"So what," Cristina asked, "you've just been standing here?"

"No," Holly defended, "I've been paging you repeatedly. Where have you been?" 

Cristina sighed, not wanting to reveal that she had been hanging out at the dermatology floor as she basked in their happiness.

Placing an ambu bag on the patient, Holly squeezed air into the patient's lungs as Cristina read what to do from a small book, "Okay, here," She turned the page, "um, aggressive fluids, supportive care, steroids." She looked at  nurse, "Give her sixteen of dexamethasone." The nurse ran around the patient bed as she grabbed the drugs to administer it to the patient, "Hurry. Come on!"