CHAPTER 65

Two days later
7th May, 2022

"Then..?" Jungkook asked, holding the mobile phone next to his ears as he got out of his vehicle. "... And then she literally threw a tantrum!" The voice spoke and Jungkook smiled softly. "How is she...?" He breathed out. "Healthy now. Keeps scolding me as usual. You talk of yourself, young man. How are you?" The person on the other side said and Jungkook sighed.

"I'm fine" he told and the person on the other side went silent. "I watch your music video three times a day to stream" he told him and Jungkook habitually chuckled at the information. "Thankyou, appa" his smile stood intact. "Are you doing something else than focusing on our talk?" His father asked and Jungkook shook his head. "No I'm not" he said but soon enough, the lift 'dinged', catching him in the act.

He closed his eyes forcefully, sighing. "I'm just using a lift, appa" he said, expecting a good reaction. "That's okay." His father mumbled and Jungkook continued his steps. He took in the scent of the flowers he'd casually plucked from his garden, the one with the small white flowers. The one you liked. All the while contemplating wether he should walk to the edge of the lobby or not, he made sure to keep his focus on the phone call, at which he was failing. He replied short 'yes'es and 'no's to his father before he stood in front of a door, ready to enter it.

"What are you so unsure of, son?" The old man asked and Jungkook sighed again, turning around, ready to walk back to his vehicle without opening the door. "Open the door" he heard his father speak and froze on his spot, unable to move. "What?" He asked to be sure and his father shook his head.

"You think I'm living under a rock? I know what is going on. You have to apologize to her. I know that girl is your girlfriend, your mom told me already. What you're doing is something I'm not very proud of, I'm afraid. You may have your reasons but... the way you're choosing is not right." Jungkook couldn't talk, or reply. He gulped, pressing the device closer to his ear.

"Come on, I taught you better than that with women, Jungkook-ah!" His father endearingly voiced, smiling. Jungkook nodded to no one in particular, turning back toward the door, left with no choice. "Right, appa" he replied before his father said a small bye and disconnected the call. For he knew, his son had something to take care of.

Taking in a deep breath while sliding his phone into his pocket, his fingers brushed the pin keypad of the house. But before he could press in the code he already knew, he hung his head low. Looking up with courage, he decided to knock the familiar wooden material, once more.

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌