chapter 9

Today I took a day off to explore the city. Hoping to get the best out of my time here I quickly changed into a dress and ran to the elevator before Marcus could come in.

After he thanked me yesterday a blush crept up my cheeks. I was embarrassed and he noticed it making me more embarrassed. He looked at me for a while before holding my hand and lifting me up.

He asked me if I was going somewhere so that he could drop me off. I wasn't familiar with his new side but I was feeling very comfortable and happy with his change.

But I knew that it would not last long. So before I could have any hope I said that I was feeling sleepy and went back to my room.

Washing away all the thoughts of yesterday I stood inside the elevator as it's doors closed. But before that I saw Marcus coming out in casual wear, wearing a black collar t-shirt and beige pants.

He looked my way but thankfully the doors fully closed and I went down. I didn't want him to see me blushing furiously just by looking at him. So pathetic.

If he wasn't a billionaire, he will get a job as a model for sure. And I would kill to hire him.

After I got down I sat with my employees to have breakfast. I saw Marcus's employees and his secretary already sitting at the table directly in front of us.

And the chair that was directly facing me was the only available chair. I gulped nervously as I knew who would be sitting there.

Speaking of the devil...

Marcus came down with his hands in his pockets.

"Mr. Anderson is a hottie" Sarah giggled earning an eye roll from me.

"What are you all doing in your day off?"

"We are going to watch a movie with Steve and the rest of Empire employees" Sarah said and gave Steve a shy smile.

"We as in excluding me?"

"Yep and Mr. Anderson" She said popping the P

Rest of my employees nodded and my jaw dropped in shock.

"How can you so casually say that you are leaving me?" I asked as I stabbed my heart with my fork pretending to be hurt.

"You need to spend time with Mr. Anderson" Anna wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

Are they really excited to see me getting along with Marcus? As if.

As I was talking with them I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked ahead and saw Marcus staring at me. He looked like he wanted to talk to me but couldn't make himself to do that.

After breakfast I took a stroll around the city. I decided to walk so that I could go food hunting. As I was walking I saw an ice cream truck but it was an ice cream parlor that was built like a truck.

With a small smile on my lips I hopped to the parlor.

I brought a chocolate fudge ice cream and started devouring it. As a small moan left my mouth, I heard someone chuckle behind me.

I turned to see who it was and Marcus was standing behind me with a look that I had never seen on his face. He looked kind of happy for some reason.

"Thought I would find you here " I gave him a small smile.

"Wherever there's ice cream I will be there" I joked.

"You want one?" I asked pointing to different flavors of ice cream.

"Yeah I will buy a strawberry one. Chocolate is not my taste"

"Weirdo" I mirrored the grin that crept up his face.