Chapter 16

Meg POV

I awoke suddenly in the middle of the forest. I was laying up against a log, had a major headache, and I had dirt where dirt should not be.

"What the...." I looked around the open area. I was alone, cold, and confused.

Where's Peter?

He's always with me. It's strange that he's not at my side.

I rubbed the top of my head and started to stand up.
Suddenly, I forgot how to walk. I wobbled back and forth trying to find my balance. I reached for a tree to steady myself. Man it felt like I was a spell for 3 years and along the way I forgot that walking requires balance.

I felt something smooth, and I recognized it instantly as leather. I turned in shock to see my father smiling at me.

"Oh Meg. I am so glad to see you!" He smiled his warm smile at me. I looked back up at him, and suddenly noticed the body hanging over his shoulder.

"Dad....." I gasped as I recognized the body as my Peter.

"Dad what happened?" I cried as the smile that was on Killians face faded.

He sighed as he knelt down and gently layer Peter down on the log I was just laying up against. He looked up at me as to say "it's not good."

I felt tears coming to my eyes as I knelt down next to Pan. I gently pushed the hair out from his face. His handsome built face was flat and his eyes were closed.

Suddenly, Emma, Gold, and surprisingly Jasmine entered the camp. When Emma saw me, she rushed over to my side and wrapped me in a hug.

"Oh Meg, my sweet sweet Meg, I am so glad your ok." I heard her take a shaky breath. Her blond hair wrapped around my shoulder as she cried in my arm.

Man something crazy must have happened when I was sleeping....or whatever I was doing.

"What......where have you been?" I asked my mother very confused and emotional.

"We have been at the lost boys camp." Emma answered almost immediately.

"Why were you there?" I asked.

Emma glanced over at Pan and answered, "we were saving your life."

"What?" I gasped.

"There was this lost boy, Felix, who had this ring. He touched you with it and you.....you fell under a deep sleep spell."

"So how did you save me?" I asked with tears still in my eyes.

Emma shoved her hands in her pockets. She was obviously uncomfortable, and very anxious. Emma looked over at Killian and he gestured at Pan.

"We didn't..." Emma trailed off and looked at Peter's limp body.

"Who did-" I stopped and looked at Peter. Fresh tears came in my eyes that blurred my vision.
I took a deep breath. "He did."

"Yes...." Killian sighed. "He gave his life for you."

"What? He's dead?" I cried. I ran over and knelt by Peter. My knees stung as they scraped across the ground. I gripped Pans shirt and cried into it, feeling every detail on the green fabric. My tears made the soft material damp.
I ran my hands over his face as my tears continued to fall. It was hard and cold.

He's gone. My love is gone. My Peter is gone. My only true love is gone.

He died for me. He really loved me.

I felt Emma's hand on my shoulder.
"I am so sorry Meg." She was now crying.

"He's gone...he's dead!" I screamed out in pain. My screams echoed through the forest. "And it's all my fault!"

"No Meg. This was his choice." Dad said.

"But we would have to make this choice if it wasn't for me!" I screamed at him.

"It's ok Meg calm down." Emma whispered to me to try and comfort me.

"No!" I yelled at her.

I turned back to Peter. Even dead he was still the most handsome boy I have ever seen.

Suddenly my mouth started to water. I licked my lips in urge.

"Go ahead." Emma seemed to read my mind. "He deserves a good goodbye."

I looked back at her and sighed. I slowly turned my head to face Peter. We were now less than 3 inches away. I sighed a shaky sigh and leaned in.

Peters lips were cold and dry. As soon as I made contact with them, a rush of energy ran through my veins that made me shiver. I leaned back from the kiss and was astonished at what I saw.
Peters face was.....bright. He looked alive.

It must be in my head. Peter is dead, and I need to except it.
I looked at Peter still hoping for a miracle.

Then I saw it. His chest moved up and down, up and down.

He was alive.

"Peter..." I gasped.

"Meg." He sighed without opening his eyes.

"Peter!" I exclaimed and wrapped him in a hug. I felt a warm hand on my back, and I recognized it as his.
I leaned back and looked into his lively green eyes.
"Your alive."

"Meg.....I-love you." Pan said the only words he could find. He was still taking short breaths, trying to steady his breathing.

"I love you to." I cried and tears, not of sadness but of joy, ran down my cheek. Pan propped himself up with his elbows and whipped the tear off my hand. His warm soft thumb ran over my cheek and he smiled.
I looked over my shoulder at Emma. She had a look of astonishment on her face and her mouth covered her hand.

"How is this possible? If he is alive now, than shouldn't you be dead? A life for a life remember?"

Fear took over me. Why am I not dead? Why am I still alive?

"True loves kiss breaks every spell, curse, or anything you can think of. It the most powerful thing of all." Gold said trying to bring knowledge to this confused and shocked bunch.

"So it broke the "life for life" rule?" Killian asked from behind me.

"In this case, yes." Gold sighed and looked down.

I turn to Peter excitingly. He smiles a wide smile at me and wraps me in another hug. His warm body made mine feel alive with electricity. Gosh that happens every time we hug.
I love it.
When we lean back from the hug, Peters eyes are wide with happiness and excitement. I smile at him and giggle at his expression.

"Meg I.....I..." He tries to find words to speak. Once he realizes he is speechless, he cups my cheeks in his hands.
"I love you so much." He whispers into my lips and kisses them. My hands shot to his waist, and up his back to his neck. I wrapped my hands around them, and hung there as he kissed me.

"Woe there guys....let save that for the tree-house." Emma laughed.
I heard Jasmine grunt behind her.

I leaned back from the kiss and we were both smiling at what my mom just said. I looked back at her with excitement in my eyes.

"Go one now love birds!" Emma laughed.

Pan scooped me up in his arms, which made me shriek in surprise. Before I knew it, we were tracking through the forest on the way back to the treehouse. I looked up at Peter as he held me. His eyes were gleaming with love and excitement. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. I am so so happy I felt his warm soft skin under my lips.

I don't know what I would do without him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------____________________________________________________________
A/N: oh my gosh guys.....
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
There is only 1 or 2 more left OH MY GOSH.
Make sure to give me a follow because I write all kinds of stuff you might be interested in!
Don't forget to vote!