Chapter 15

Since the flashlight has a limited power, Jiang Miaomiao has also brought in the solar power bank, but it can only last up to three days.

They didn't know how long it would take to live like this. In fact, just two hours after she came in, she started to feel bored.

Under the quilt, she curled up with her eyes closed and took a nap. She blinked in the dark and couldn't help shouting.

"Lu Qiming."

"En."

She was relieved to hear the familiar voice in her ears.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Not sleepy."

"Come to chat?"

Lu Qiming chuckled softly and the low laughter echoed in the cramped basement.

"Are you afraid?"

She pouted, "I don't have one."

"Then why did you take the initiative to chat with me?"

Lu Qiming felt that the relationship between them was quite strange. He could say that it's either good or bad.

When she's in danger, she is very willing to listen to his commands and will cooperate with him regardless of everything to get rid of the danger together.

But after returning to safety, they would always quarrel after less than three sentences.

Jiang Miaomiao was upset by his question, "If you don't want to talk, you don't have to. Someone thinks he's rare, humph!"

Next to the shelf was a pile of food, she groped in the dark, found a pack of pickled chicken feet and nibbled it up alone.

The squeaky sound kept ringing, like that of a little rat.

Lu Qiming's voice was eerie.

"Have you heard the story of the chicken feet?"

Jiang Miaomiao was at a loss, "What story can chicken feet have?"

"Once upon a time, there was a boss of a food stall, whose business has always been very bad. When he was about to close down, he met an expert's advice and turned to selling chicken feet, and suddenly became popular."

"His chicken feet are so unique that you can't have that taste anywhere else, but they are only limited to 100 servings per day, which was very difficult to buy."

"One day, another shop owner wanted to steal his recipe and hid in his kitchen, only to find him dragging a man out of the cabinet. He chopped off the man’s hands and feet, and then threw them into the pot to cook..."

Jiang Miaomiao immediately felt that the more she ate the chicken feet, the more disgusting she felt and she vomited them out.

Lu Qiming was still talking in a deadpan tone: "...He was so scared and sweaty that he wanted to run. Then the boss suddenly bent down and said to him with a smile, tomorrow's chicken feet were found..."

"Ah!"

Her scalp went numb and she threw herself into his arms with a cry of surprise, and punched him in the chest.