CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN. TRIP DOWN MEMORY BANE

"I'M NOT A VIRGIN."

⟡⟡⟡⟡

⟡⟡⟡⟡

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE! If you do, even as a joke, I will block you.

Wren rushed into Magnus Bane's apartment behind Clary and Simon, who carried an injured Luke inside. "What happened?" Magnus asked as they dragged Luke in.

"He was attacked!" Simon answered.

"He needs a warlock. He needs you," Clary told the man as Luke groaned.

"Put him here," Magnus said, motioning to the couch. Clary and Simon laid him down on the couch and Luke continued to pant. "Where are you?" Luke muttered.

"Luke..." Clary tried to calm him down.

"I can't find you," he continued and Clary began to shush him. "Where are... where are you? Where are you?" He repeated.

Wren stared down at him in concern as the man continued muttering and staring off into space. "Jocelyn! Jocelyn..." He went on. Wren furrowed her eyebrows as Clary responded.

"No, Luke, it's Clary. Can you hear me?" She said.

He finally looked at her, "Clary, listen to me. Listen... You have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case—"

"No, don't even say it, don't," Clary interrupted.

"No, listen to me," he pressed.

"Luke," Clary tried.

"No, you need to know! Listen..." His breathing grew heavier.

"Was he bitten by an alpha?" Magnus asked.

"Yeah, why?" Simon replied.

Magnus began counting down, "Three, two, one..."

Luke's body shot upward and he growled, his eyes glowing a vibrant green. The three jumped backwards. "Oh my God," Clary exclaimed. Luke cried out in pain and writhed around on the couch. Magnus began walking away from them.

"Where do you think you're going?" Simon questioned.

"Hold him down," Magnus replied. Wren's hands pressed firmly onto Luke's shoulder as she pushed him down.