0.1

I walk downstairs, shoes in my left hand and my book bag in my right

"dad?" I ask, noticing all the lights in the house are off. the only light is the sun coming in from the windows.

I walk to the kitchen, seeing a note on the island.

"good morning, Monkey

I had to head out early, but I want you home right away after school we have an important meeting to get to.

have a good day. love you.

-dad"

I yawn placing the note down on the island.

I stayed up all night drawing for no reason. I didn't go to sleep until 6 and it's now 8:30. school starts at 9, but it doesn't take long.

plus I got up at 7:30 cause I didn't put a bonnet on my hair last night, so when I woke up it was full of Knotts. doesn't help that I have 3 different hair types. Curtesy of having a mom with 2a hair and a dad with 4c, 4b on a good day as he says. well, he had 4c but now he'll just bald with a grey beard.

I go into the fridge grabbing a sweet tea. this is my version of coffee. I drink it in the mornings and the rest of the day I have energy like I had a full 12 hours of sleep.

I go into the freezer taking out frozen cinnamon waffles. I put three into the toaster, leaving it to heat up.

once done I grab a paper towel and take them out. I place the waffles down on the counter, next to my sweet tea.

I grab my Jordans placing them on my feet, carefully, ensuring they don't crease.

once I get them on my feet, I stand up straight, flattening my blue dress. I hate school uniforms, especially blue ones. now it could be because I went from wearing no uniform to wearing a uniform. that or any person with a sense of fashion knows that uniforms are just not it.

I grab my book bag, my waffles and tea, going to the garage. I open the door, with my elbow stepping down the steps.

I place my tea on top of my car so I can open the door, I place my bag into the passenger seat and tea into the cup holder.

once I'm seated in the car, I start it. I press the button above to open the garage. I reverse out, driving down the driveway and soon making my way to school.

________

"Alright class it is every senior's favourite time of the year," my English teacher says clapping her hands.

everyone groans knowing it's senior Partner month. every October to December Juniors and seniors get partnered with the opposite gender for a whole 2 months. you and your partner get a schedule with the same classes, you do every assignment, every project together and at the end of the winter break, you do a presentation on what you learned about each other.