⇢ CHAPTER 13

season 5 episode 6

George walked down the hall towards the resident's lounge as Holly walked down another across his

George walked down the hall towards the resident's lounge as Holly walked down another across his. Once he saw the redhead, he smiled, "Hey, Holly, would you mind pick--" She kept her head forward and refused to look at him as she passed him, "Holly, I'm your boyfriend." He reminded, "You're eventually gonna have to talk to me."

She turned around to face him, "I reject that supposition."

George turned around as he stood by the door for the lounge, "I reject your rejection."

"Then, I ignore your rejections."

George frowned his eyebrows, "What?"

Cristina and Meredith walked into the resident's lounge as Meredith shrugged, having heard the conversation, "I don't reject you, George."

George nodded at her, "Thank you."

Holly tied the back of Lexie's yellow scrub coat as the new intern asked Cristina, "Dr. Yang, what exactly happens in a skills lab?"

She turned around and frowned her eyebrows, "Who are you?"

"I'm your new intern." He greeted, "Ryan Spalding."

"Oh," She softly groaned, "I'm never gonna remember that. You're, um," She turned around to check her residents, "uh, 5." She checked outside the door, and at seeing Dr. Hunt-- the 'super-hot' army guy that kissed her after he removed an icicle that impaled her-- ran over to Holly and Lexie, placing their bodies in front of her as a shield, "Three, Four, move."

"What?" Holly questioned as she tied her hair up.

Lexie turned her head at her resident, "Is everything okay?"

"Shut up." Cristina advised, "Don't move."

"Hi," Dr. Hunt entered the room, "I'm Dr. Hunt. Over the next few months, I will be teaching you how to work quickly and efficiently to keep someone alive in circumstances where the safe bet is they're dead by the end of the hour. Now does anyone have a problem working with live tissue?"

Holly frowned her eyebrows and whispered to Lexie, "'Live tissue?'"

Lexie shrugged as Dr. Hunt continued, "Anyone? Speak now. In fact, leave now. If not, I own you for the rest of the day." No one moved, "Good." He grabbed the curtain that was blocking their view and brought it back, "Here we go."

Holly looked at the pigs tied up upside-down to the table with confusion swirling in her eyes-- she thought it was going to be a regular skills lab with dummies.

"Each resident gets a pig. Interns assist." Steve tried to move forward but Owen put out a hand, "Hang on." He removed a switchblade from his pocket and began to stab the pigs-- emitting gasps from interns and residents alike as they flinched at each stab, "Go ahead." He advised once he finished, "Save their lives."