PART FOURTEEN: CONVICT ME, ATTORNEY

I blinked.

And I blinked again.

I closed my eyes hardly and I opened it again.

I sighed as I looked once more at Newt's resignation letter that was left on my desk. His things were no longer in the office and he was literally nowhere to be found. I read again the letter and I can't absorb anything.

Why would he leave now that the trial is soon to end? Now that we're soon to lose? Now that I need him more than anything to fight with me in the trial?

Just...just why would he?

I tried to call him but he wasn't answering. I texted yet I received no reply. This won't do. I have to tell Tyler about this, we have to plan about it. 

That's right! Tyler knows what to do. He's the ace of this group. He... he can help me still. I just have to inform him!

I took my coat on the table and hurriedly took a grab going to the detention center.

"Good evening ma'am," the police officer greeted me.

"Good evening," I said without looking at him.

Finally, I reached the door and it wasn't locked. I opened it slight to see if there was someone inside and I saw Tyler and Traise were talking. Nakatalikod si Tyler while Traise was facing me.

Few seconds later, Traise saw me. When our eyes met, his eyes were sending me a message I couldn't decipher.

I saw him gulped and his eyes went back to Tyler who was in front of him.

"You..." Traise suddenly said. "You're the son of the 13th President, am I right?"

Beat.

13th president...?

My eyes widened.

Don't tell me...?

"As expected from you, Traise. You caught me..."

My eyes literally grew bigger. I even covered my mouth because it was too much to handle.

Until they revealed the revelations I never thought that would happen. He's the son of the president, and he used me...

What shocked me more was the reason why Newt resigned. It made sense. He was my dad's scholar. Dad appointed him as the defense. Dad wanted me to drop the case. He was a spy...all this time.

I felt like I could die from the pain the sudden betrayals brought me. It's killing me alive. I trusted them more than my dad. I trusted Tyler because of his genuine act more than my own decisions because I thought he cared. Turned out Tyler did those because of his agenda. He never cared for me at all.

"How can you say that?" Traise asked. "Knowing she treated this team as her family?"

"Family?" Tyler mockingly asked. "I never considered you as a family but don't worry, I don't need her anymore. She re-opened the case already, and that's her only use. It's time for me now to control the game I created with you as my players. I'll tell her soon enough."

"You don't have to tell her," Traise said with bitter voice. "Because she already knows."

That was the time I opened the door with eyes mixed with pain and anger.

My tears fell.

When Tyler looked at me, he was shocked at first but he later smiled/

"Then that's good," he said looking at me.

His smile then faded.

"The game starts now."

~~~~~