Chapter 10

Some words cut deeper than swords.

They then start converse among themselves about what seemed like anything that fell in their little head

They then start converse among themselves about what seemed like anything that fell in their little head. I sip quietly thinking about anything other than mike and Margaret. It seems if they will never let my head. before the monster came out from under my bed. Now the monster comes into my head and it seems that he never wants to leave. I sigh heavily thinking about it all. Why can't I move on? They are in prison now? I probably won't see them again. But then again Frank said they will probably end up being in there for 14 years or maybe less. But what if they get out earlier then that or don't even end up in jail. They still have their court date set next week. I will have to see them.. I will have to see my monster. Just the thought of that makes me pale. I hope to god I don't have to attend that. I look at Vince and he was talking to Enzo and milo about something. The thoughts consumed me and before I could debate at what I was doing I tugged on his sleeve.

He looked down smiling at me softly. "Yes Bambina"? He asked me like he was talking to some child. I ignored that. "Do I have to go to the court trial to testify as a witness"? His eyes darken and the conversations around stopped. "Unfortunately, you do, I was unable to get you out of that". I sigh heavily hiding my fear and worry with my blank emotionless face. "I see". My voice was blunt and cold. "Everything is ok Bambina". I roll my eyes and get out of my seat. I wash my mug in the sink before putting it on the drying rack. I ignore all of their stares. "What time are we leaving to go shopping". Bruno smiles sadly at me his face full of pity. "We will leave in 30 minutes don't be late". His voice was cold and blunt. I nod then race up the spiral staircase into my room.

I put the same outfit as I had yesterday. Gross I know but it is all I had. I was going to be boiling today. I had three layers on and I know for a fact that California is a whole lot warmer than London. Though I don't care. I walk halfway down the spiral staircase before their conversation sparked my attention. I couldn't see them but I could tear apart their voices.

"Why the hell is she here! why didn't you just send her to some foster home or some shit". Good question Louis... I have the same question.

"Language Louis and she is my daughter she has every right to be here and you will respect that".

"well, she isn't my sister". Hearing Louis's harsh words pulled my heartstrings and I felt a slight pain in my chest grow.

"I agree with Louis papa, She only looks like trouble". Enzos voice was cold and it was kind of hurtful for how calmly he said it.

"I hate to admit it because she is my sister. But her clothes reek of smoke and drugs". Alex suggested. His words hurt the most. I have got that comment before but hearing it from Alex hurt more. Something inside me though he actually liked and cared about me.

"see papa she is probably some druggy and low life scum! Think about the low lives who raised her she is probably the exact same". Louis raised his voice irritated. My chest hurt more and my heart rate increased beating out of my chest.

"she also has a filthy attitude obviously being showed no grace or discipline". The careless milo I thought I knew turned cold and brutal in an instant. Memories of dad, mike and Margaret. Dad was the best possible father I could ever ask for.

"Perhaps we should arrange something else for papa, she herself seems to not even want to be here or be a part of this family". That was Luke. My heart was spinning and my mind was spinning endlessly not knowing how to process all of this. I couldn't hear Bruno's voice... I thought he was my twin.. my other half... but he can't even stick up for me... If It was me in his shoes people would be dead before they could even think about talking bad about him.. the same about all my brothers and Vince... Looks like those values only apply to me.

"ENOUGH! You will not speak badly about her! She is my daughter and YOUR sister like it or not. She will be respected here and will live here and be a part of this family. If you have any problems with that you are welcome to talk to me personally in my office".

I heard no voices... I felt pain in my chest but felt a bit better than Vince actually half heatedly stuck up for me. it makes me trust him and like him somewhat more. I wait a few minutes before I walk down. They all snap their gazes at me them looking at me with guilt but Enzo and Louis remain emotionless and glare down at me.

I was practically pushed into the fancy grey car. I don't know much about cars or motorbikes. At home, we couldn't even afford a car we always had to catch a train or walk if we wanted to go anywhere. Luke showed me things on the phone and taught me how to text and call people. "I swear you're worse than grandma". I snap my head at Louis and glare at him angrily. "Well not everyone has phones and luxuries such as yours growing up". My voice was cold at us. And Louis looked like a ticking bomb ready to explode in a matter of seconds. I also noticed that the speed of the car increased. "Louis calm down! Dad will kill us if anything happened to her". Luke's voice was stern and calm his eyes narrowing the back of Louis's head. He huffed and eased back into the speed limit. He pulled into some fancy modern expensive-looking boutique. I was surprised I expected to be going to some mall or something. "Isn't this a bit too expensive! I don't need expensive or fancy clothes lets just go to Walmart or something". I said hopefully knowing I will be a lot more comfortable there than here. "To bad! Trust me its more for our benefit than ours. Dad just doesn't want to stand next to the dirt". I glare at him wishing my eyes were weapons. "with all the filth that comes out of your mouth I think you should rethink about who the dirt is". Luke looks worried and Bruno looks at Louis with fearful eyes. Louis gets out of the car and angrily opens my door. The boys watch him carefully. Louis grabs my wrists and roughly pulls me closer to him so his face was only a few inches away from mine. His breath smelt terrible. Yuck.

"Look, little girl! I would watch your mouth and who you are talking too. You might be my sister by blood. But you will never be anything to me. You are nothing but a druggie like those druggies who raised you". His voices echoed in my head again and again. He let me go roughly and before I could thing my hand reached his cheek. The slap echoed in the car and the Bruno looked terrified.