Chapter 31

Important Author's note below. Please read.

___________________________________

Jamal's POV

Recap

I knocked on the door and began to hear shuffles before the door knob turned the door opened. I smiled when he adjusted his glasses like he wasn't seeing me well.

"Jamal." He called, surprise laced in his voice.

"I need a place to stay for a while."

___________________________________

"I need a place to stay for a while." I said immediately Faizal opened the door and saw me.

Faizal was the only person I could think of to go to when I decided to leave home. I didn't want to go to Somadina because he is also preparing for exams like me and his parents are always extra strict when it is an exam period. Mateo suddenly went MIA since yesterday. His number was switched off and going to his house wasn't in any way feasible because of the issue between his parents.

Faizal lives alone because he is single so he was the next best person. That, and because  he is my therapist and it would be easy for me to speak to him about everything going on.

"Sure, come in." He stepped aside, giving me room to come in and I did. I walked into the spacious living room, looking around. It's been a while since I came here, maybe when I was 13 or so. It has changed so well and evidence of more riches.

Yes, Faizal has been my Therapist from the start. He was highly recommended by the family doctor, though my parents were skeptical about his age back then. But when they say the way he handled me and the way I began to improve, their skepticism wavered.

"I'm so sorry for dropping in on you on a very short notice." I said to him, plopping down on his sofa. He chuckled and plopped down beside me.

"It's not a problem. I'm more curious as to how you remembered my house and why exactly you are here. It's been like five years." He stated, removing his glasses and placing them on a stool that had different medical books on it.

"For your first question, it's not really hard to forget this place, even though it's been five years." I paused, not knowing how to go about the second question.

"And for the second question?" He asked carefully, watching my countenance. I couldn't speak because I didn't know how to start that topic. Everything was complicated, hard, painful, sad.

He must have noticed my countenance because his lips curved in a lopsided grin and he patted my thigh briefly.

"You don't have to talk about it now. I'll take you to the spare room upstairs, so that you can get settled in." He said and I shot him a grateful smile.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." I told him with all honesty. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Its nothing, really. I'm just glad I finally have the company. This house is becoming really boring." He commented and I scoffed at him.

"When we have asked you to get married and you don't want to hear word. Go get yourself a woman, jhoor." I teased him and he flashed me a big grin.

"Who says I don't already have the woman." He said. My eyes went huge at that comment. He laughed at my expression and began to walk forward, taking on of my bags with him.

"Faizal! There is a woman?! How come I'm just knowing! Let's talk now!" I told him and he laughed out again.

"That's another gist for later. Right now, you need to get settled in. Freshen up too. Lucky for you, I prepared food  before you came. Just pray it's enough for both of us." He said and I smirked at him.