10 - truth is,

Lotus tossed and turned in her bed, a slight frown on her face as the images of Reese's lifeless body flashed through mind. It was the fourth night in a row that she'd been having nightmares about Reese's death. Since the situation with Mid, Lotus been on edge, fearing that someone would eventually find him and finish the job.

Lotus finally jolted awake, her heart beating out of her chest. She looked around in confusion, seeing Mid wasn't in his usual spot on the floor. Instead he was standing in the middle of the room, intently watching her with his eyebrows knitted. The sunset was beaming through the peeks of her curtains, indicating it was late in the day. She quickly sat up in the middle, staring back at Mid.

"Were you watching me sleep?" she gave him a funny look, he scoffed a laugh shaking his head.

"Woman you fine and all but I'm not—anyways, you looked like you were havin' a bad dream. Ova' there makin' noises and shit, you straight?" he raised an eyebrow, Lotus simply nodded her head and flipped the covers from off of her body as he closely watched her.

"Was it about Reese?" he asked her, Lotus remained quiet stretching her upper body. Mid deeply sighed and turned to walk out of the room, deciding to leave it alone and let her tell him about it when she was ready.

Lotus ran her hands over her face and sluggishly walked over to her dresser, opening the different drawers to find some decent clothes so she could take a shower.

Thirty minutes later once Lotus was finished taking care of her hygiene, she walked to the front of the house, where she heard the TV playing with the volume up loud.

She saw her G'daddy lounging around on the couch, watching sports, a beer can in his hand. She heard some light chattering coming from the dining area, she peeked around the corner and saw Midnight sitting in the chair laughing with Gigi.

As he sat in the chair with his shirt off, Gigi was changing his bandages, cracking jokes with him. As if he felt her presence, he locked eyes with Lotus.

"What's up sleepyhead?" he grinned, tilting his head. Gigi turned around and instantly smiled at her granddaughter, beckoning her. Lotus obliged and walked towards Gigi, giving her a hug.

"We figured we'd just let you sleep in for today, since you been taking care of us for the past couple of days. I made breakfast this morning, and fixed you a plate in case you're hungry." Gigi told her, continuing to change Midnight's bandages.

"What time is it?" Lotus asked them, still confused as to why it seemed like the sun was setting.

"It's a quarter past five," G'daddy spoke up, Lotus sucked her teeth and glanced back at him.

"'G'daddy just says it's almost five-thirty." she gave him a straight face, before turning around, she didn't make it far before Mid grabbed her hand.

"Bambi called earlier, she told me to tell you to call her once you woke up." he said.

"She called my phone?"

"Nah she called me, cause you wasn't answering yours." he shrugged. Lotus bit her lip and turned around again, to head back to her room. She picked up her phone from off the charger, and went to dial Bambi's number.

She waited a few rings until Bambi's voice appeared on the line, "Hey sis, you just gettin' up?" she answered.

"Hey and yea'. Mid told me that you called, what's up?"

"I need you to bring Mid by the house, have you told him anything yet?" Bambi questioned her.

"Nah not yet, it's best if he hear it from her."