Part 6

His hand was warm on your thigh, his fingers squeezing gently every so often. You pulled your head from his shoulder to look up at him, murky green eyes meeting yours as the sun rose behind him at 50,000 feet. He smiled before leaning in to press his lips to yours, drinking you in for a soft moment. 

That same hand was laced with yours as you walked through the airport to your waiting car, and found its way back to you thigh once you were settled in the back seat.    

The house was a friend of a friends'. Crisp white stucco stood out against the clear blue water, pink and red roses planted throughout the backyard and growing up along the sides of a large gazebo next to an impressive pool.  Oversized lounge chairs were lined along the perimeter of the pool and a L shaped couch was tucked in the corner. You felt more relaxed already just seeing the beautiful home and private beach, taking in the salty smell as you watched the white, suddzy waves push up along the sand before disappearing back into the ocean.      

His arms wrapped around your waist just as he pressed a soft kiss to your cheek, pulling you back against his chest as he kept his face tucked over your shoulder. 

"Pretty, innit?"

"Yeah," you breathed. "It's perfect." 

You stood like that for a bit, the early afternoon sun shining brightly on your faces. It felt a bit surreal, maybe even a little frivolous, the way you packed up a suitcase and flew back here with him at the drop of a hat. But you couldn't help yourself. The promise of being alone with him on a secluded part of the island sounded too good to pass up. You prefaced the excursion with a serious talk; neither of you were taking this getaway as an escape from reality. It was timing and an overwhelming need to spend as much time together while both of your schedules allowed it. You both knew that you'd be much busier in the coming months. So why not take advantage of the time you had now in a place that seemingly brought you together more than ever before.    

His breath was hot when he turned to nuzzle into the side of your neck, chills rolling across your skin when his mouth sucked a soft kiss to the spot where your neck met your shoulder, his arms tightening around your waist to pull you closer against him.  

"What do you wanna do?" His voice was low and raspy when he spoke against your skin, his tone suggestive. His hand splayed out across the center of your belly and you could feel the way his chest expanded against your back with his deep breaths. 

You pushed yourself against him more as you tilted your head back against his shoulder. You could almost feel the twitch against your ass, or maybe it was just the way his hips ticked forward to press against you fully. You turned your face towards his, nosing his stubble covered jaw so you could connect your mouth to the soft skin of his neck right over his pulse point. His other hand squeezed your hip as you hummed against his sensitive skin. 

"I don't know." You pressed another soft kiss to his neck. "What do you wanna do?"   

His mouth was on yours in the next breath, wet and warm. He kept you tight against him as he kissed you, his tongue sweeping into your mouth in the most delicious way.

You almost felt bad for pulling away when you saw his face, dazed and confused with his wet bottom lip hanging open in surprise.   

"Let's go to the beach," you smiled as you started to back away from him towards the house. 

He followed you into the house without a word, just a crease to his brow but a small smile playing on his lips. You both changed quickly and headed to the beach with towels tucked under your arms and a small bag with some sunscreen, snacks, water and each of your current reads. You dragged lounge chairs along the soft white sand to sit closer to the water, setting up your chairs and towels before settling in. The subtle breeze from the ocean was a perfect contrast from the strong sun. Both the sky and water were crystal clear, the never ending horizon opening your mind just from admiring it for a few minutes.