(14) ~

There's an hour or so before we are due on stage, which is why we're sitting in our dressing room. Getting ready takes 20 minutes at the most for all of us, since we only need to have our hair fixed and run through the set list quickly. The rest of the time we either make a ruckus or lazily sit around, and today is the latter.

We had just come from Calum's hotel room where we played FIFA. But if I'm being honest, I wouldn't consider what I did as playing FIFA; I'd classify it as losing miserably while Cal and Mike kick my ass.

Ashton still hasn't arrived back from his walk, which is fine. In the past, he's come in five minutes before the start of a show. His drums are already set up, so there isn't much to do.

"How was it being mobbed?" Michael says abruptly.

I'm met with curly hair and hazel eyes when I look up. Speak of the devil.

"What are you talking about?"

"You went for a walk, right?"

Ashton laughs. "Sure, a walk inside."

"What took you so long then?" I question him. He left for his walk right before four. Now it's half past six, and the show begins at seven thirty.

"I ran into a few fans while roaming around. Actually, I spent a while with three hanging out in one of the halls downstairs. They said they tried to get tickets but couldn't, so they're just going to listen on their rooms balcony tonight."

"They didn't ask for tickets or anything?"

"I think they forgot about the concert once I joined their game of scrabble," he said with a huge grin present, causing me to smile just as much as him.

How could someone not smile when Ashton is beaming? It's an automatic reflex: he smiles, you smile. He has that effect on people.

"Anyways, I got us some sandwiches for dinner."

My smile, may you Rest In Peace. 6:34-6:35pm.

Calum and Michael scream in excitement, I think. It's difficult to hear anything over the string of panicked curses swarming through my mind.

He tosses everyone their rightful sandwich, all except for me. Instead of throwing mine, he walks towards me and hands me the sandwich gently, saying "I got your regular. It's whole grain bread with turkey, lettuce, and tomato, no mayo."

I stare at the wrapped food carefully.

It's a lot smaller than the rest of the sandwiches, but why would mine be smaller if- no.

No no no no no.

"You don't have to eat it, you know, if you don't want to or something."

He knows.

How does he know?!

"How did you know?" I ask him weakly, looking at him in disbelief.

He frowns at my words. "How did I know what?"

Huh. Maybe he doesn't know.

"How'd you know exactly what I want, d'you read minds or something Ash?" I quickly speak, attempting to sound playful.

If he thinks he knows anything about my eating habits, then I'll just have to prove him wrong.

And that's exactly what I did when I ate the sandwich, despite my inner thoughts.

What are you doing!

This was not planned, you didn't intend on eating this today.

You're ruining everything!