juu ku

YOONGI was shivering in cold

Winter had finally wrapped her icy fingers around the city and breathing frost on the already heavy shoulders of the burdened people. Not a single space under the night sky was saved from the glacial figure that had her cloak carpeted in every corner.

Yoongi was already bony, his body was thin with practically no meat. The padded jacket was not saving him from the iciness that was seeping through the material and holding on his ribcage, knocking on his lungs.

His teeth were clattering, little puffs of fog coming out of his mouth with every exhale. His hands were folded under his armpits as he was walking with his head low. Midnight sky hung above his head but his eyes were on the gravel of the road.

The evening shift at the convenience store was the easiest job for him, even though it had him standing alone behind the counter until the hands of the clock reached twelve.

He would yawn and he would yearn for a space to let his body fall, just sleep, peacefully even for a minute, despite it all, at least he did not have a manager scowling and screaming at everyone's ears, including his nonstop like his morning job at the restaurant.

Comparing to the mayhem he'd witness early in the morning, the job in the store was a haven. He'd be able to study when there wouldn't be any customers, the job itself wasn't so hard to follow, sometimes he could listen to music too and when he was lucky enough he'd even be able to doze off a little.

"Hey!" A loud shrill made Yoongi flinch as if someone had just poured a bucket of ice on him, that too wasn't so farfetched because it was indeed too cold for his liking out here.

It was Hoseok, his thick jacket zipped up to his chin. With every ragged breath, clouds of fog emitted from his mouth. "Coming back from your job?"

"Yeah." Yoongi faced down again, his shoulders curling inward. As if making his body smaller than it already was, would give him some form of warmth.

He really just wanted to go back to the dorm and lay down on his bed, even though the empty bed would be freezing too, he could make it warm with his blankets.

"I was out for a jog. God damn, is it too cold this year!" Hoseok whistled from his side.

The thought of running around in a lone neighbourhood at this temperature and such late at night, did not sit so well with Yoongi. Yet he did not question him, Hoseok answered himself.

"I feel like I've gained some weight again. Plus the walking clears my mind!"

From his slumped position while taking slow footsteps, Yoongi turned and glanced at Hoseok for a second. He did not see any extra weight the taller lad was talking about.

Yoongi went back to looking down again, suddenly a thought hitting him in the brain, asking him if he had dinner tonight. In all honesty, he could not remember.