𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 28

Warning! This chapter may contain violent and unpleasant scenes. Proceed at your own risk. 

Thank you to Loli-san on Quotev for this weeks amazing fanart of Obscured! It looks amazing, thank you so much!

Your eyes widened as Octavi Kirayo's face slowly inched closer to yours, his blue strands of hair tickling your [S/C] cheeks. You gulped, remembering that you were now a married woman. Before you could even attempt to push the lovesick puppy away, somebody had opened the door of the bedroom.

  Octavi gently pulled away, sitting back down on the ivory sheets of your bed. Turning towards the door, he met eyes with a palace guard. His eyes widened, and the guard stood there, frozen in his spot as he looked over to you.

  Octavi immediately jumped up to his feet and tried to reason with the guard, "What are you doing intruding yourself in the Kirayo manor without permission? I can gift you a public execution as a reward of your disrespect," Octavi interrogated the guard.

  "The- The Emperor has given all palace guards a permit to search every house in Intuuin, if you have any complaints, they are to be made to the public affairs office in Yunoaiu square. If anything, I should be asking what the Empress is doing in your presence. And in such bad shape at that. Do you have any excuse? I'm afraid I will have to report you-"

  "You have got some wit talking to a member of the Kirayo family in such a brazen tone," Octavi spat out venom with each word he spoke, his footfalls gradually making their way to the bedroom door.

  "And you have some wit to hold the Empress against the Emperor's consent!" The royal guard exclaimed.

  "Tell me, did your Emperor also give you a permit to talk to somebody of high status in such a manner? How are you meant to address me?" Octavi snapped back, crossing his arms as he now stood tall and confidently in front of the royal guard.

  "No- No, Sir Kirayo," The guard stuttered, knowing that he had struck a nerve with his behaviour. Before a single moment even passed from the last words spoken, the guard grabbed hold of his sword and drew it out. You gasped, the gleaming silver metal barely an inch away from Octavi's chest.

  "Nobody has pointed a sword in my direction and have got away with it," Octavi stated cruelly. The sword was beginning to tremble in the man's grasp nervously.

  "I demand you and the Empress come with me to the palace as soon as possible!" The man yelled out with the last of his confidence.

  "I refuse," Octavi declared plainly, tapping his foot against the marble flooring.

  "Have it your way!" The man proclaimed, lunging forward with his sword, aiming to stab Octavi straight in the middle of his torso. Swiftly stepping out of the way, Octavi simply hit the man's temple, causing him to stumble somewhat and his stance to falter before he eventually collapsed on the ground.