Episode 30

21/11/2019 - Thursday- At Bangalore.

Shiva's P. O. V:

It was close to evening when Aparna walked out of the hospital room. Rajiv walked out behind her.

" Shiva, you look tired. Go with Aparna, you need to fresh up. And I have booked your bus tickets for tomorrow  morning. Amma wants you in Chennai.You have your train tickets booked to theni tomorrow night" Rajiv said.

" What? Aren't they coming here? " I asked shocked.

" No " Rajiv said in a plain tone.

" Did you tell them the situation here? " I asked again.

" They had always been like this! They don't care. I thought at least for Prerna they will come. No, your engagement is more important to them. " Rajiv said shaking his head.

I couldn't believe that amma and appa were this much insensitive.

" I am not going unless they come here! " I said.

" And they will put the blame on me that, I have spoiled you too. I don't need your shit here Shiva! I have enough mess already!" Rajiv said.

" What? " I said catching his shirt.

Aparna intervened and pulled me away from Rajiv.

" Calm down Shiva! " Aparna said to me.

" Rajiv, I would stay with Shiva. You be with Prerna. Go! " Aparna said to Rajiv.

Rajiv walked away without looking at me.

Aparna dragged me downstairs.

We sat on the cab.

" Where are we going? " I asked Aparna.

" To my home. " She said.

" Okay" I said. I took out my phone and looked at the missed calls from my amma.

I shook my head thinking about the irony.

" Talk to your mom " Aparna said.

" No, I won't. How can she be so insensitive!? " I said.

" I can't judge her. " Aparna said.

I shook my head and looked out. I loved the weather but couldn't enjoy it completely.

Aparna's house was a individual villa, a vintage one. Surrounded with gardens and trees. The portico had a huge swing.

As we walked in, Aparna's dad welcomed us. He was walking with support of the Walker stick.

" Come in! " He said warmly.

I sat on the sofa on the living room. The house must be nearly 60 years old. The interiors had wooden flooring and teak wood pillars.

Aparna's mom handed me a glass of water. She was not as friendly as Aparna's dad, that I could say.

" Shiva, use the guest room at upstairs. Take rest. We are going to the hospital. " Aparna's dad said to me.

I nodded my head. Aparna helped them get into the cab and came back in.

" Come on, I will show you the guest room " She said and picked up my bag.

She walked upstairs from a huge spiral staircase in the dining hall. The entire house was so clean.

We walked passing two rooms. The room's doors were painted with flowers and birds.

" Is this your room? " I asked pausing on the corridor.

" Yeah, the blue door is mine, the pink one is Prerna's. Wait, I ll show you my room, after the number of times that I have been in yours. " She said and opened the blue doors.