Chapter 7

Ryla's P.O.V

I could speak to them, I don't trust all of them yet. The only one I really trust is Riker, I think... I just don't know who to trust anymore... I sighed and collapsed on my bed. There was a knock on the door and I stood up and opened it. Rydel stood there, smiling at me. "I was wondering if you wanted to come cook and bake with me?" I thought for a second and nodded. She smiled and dragged me down to the kitchen. She went into the hall closet and came back with matching aprons. I gave her the really look and she smiled. "Mom and I used to wear these, so I thought it would be fun to pass the tradition on with my little sis!" She smiled throwing the apron at me. I caught it and threw the strap over my head, as I tied the straps behind me back, Rydel started getting all the ingredients out. "We're making dinner which is lasagna, then we're making chocolate chip cookies and brownie." I nodded, while looking down at my apron, 'Chef Little'? I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment. Rydel turned around and I looked at her apron, 'Chef Big'? Wow ok then. We quickly made the lasagna sauce and we started grating cheese. "Ok I'll put sauce, you put the noodles, then we'll repeat and before noodles you put a sprinkle of cheese, then when all the layers are done we'll grate some more cheese on top." She smiled placing a giant glass pan in front of us. We started, and by the end of it we were working together like a machine. When it was done Rydel, took a spoon and spoon fed me some sauce. I gave her a thumbs up and she laughed. We started grating some more cheese on top. When Rydel turned her back, I stole some of the cheese from on you and threw it in my mouth. "I saw that!" Rydel said turning around and throwing some cheese in her mouth too. We both laughed and put the lasagna in the oven. Then we started the cookie dough. Rydel told me to measure 2 cups of flour into the bowl. I did and tried dropping the flour in from a high distance up. It hit the bowl and exploded flour in my face. I turned to Rydel and she laughed at me. I reached into the flour container and grabbed a handful. Rydel turned to say something to me and I tossed the flour in her face. I laughed at her this time. She smiled and started dusting the flour off herself. I started dusting the flour off too. We finished the cookie dough and started balling them and placing them on the cookie tray. We put them on the top rack of the oven and set out kitchen timer for 8 minutes. "Man I'm hungry, you have any ideas?" Rydel asked. I nodded and gathered the cocoa powder, oil, flour, milk and brown sugar. In a microwave safe bowl I mixed 2 table spoons of all my ingredients except cocoa powder. I added one table spoon of cocoa powder and mixed it all together. I placed it in the microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds it made a nice brownie. (Real recipe try it! It's great, so easy and no eggs or baking soda/baking powder) I grabbed two spoons and Rydel and I took a bite. "Oh my god Ryla this is amazing!" Rydel said taking another bite. "What's amazing?" Riker asked as he and Ross walked in the kitchen. "This brownie Ryla made in less than 5 minutes!" Rydel said. "Can we try!?" The boys asked jumping around the kitchen. Rydel and I each put some brownie on our spoons and held them up to the boys. Riker took my spoon and Ross took Rydel's. They put the brownie in there mouths at the same time and both there faces broke into smile. "OH MY GOD THAT'S SO GOOD!" Riker said hugging me. "WOW THAT'S AMAZING!" Ross said. "In less than 5 minutes?" Riker asked. I nodded "wow" he said. Rydel shooed the boys out of the kitchen. We pulled the cookies, well I did, Rydel was finishing the brownie. We put them on a cooling rack and we both took one and took a bite, then spit it out, so they need to cool longer that a minute... We waited a couple minutes then finished our cookies. We made the brownie brownie and put it in the oven, after we took out the lasagna. We got out a stack of plates and 'called down the animals' is how Rydel described it. It was like we were cafeteria lunch ladies. Rydel scooped the boys a piece of lasagna and I poured them a glass of coke. I've never had coke... Once all the boys were in the living room eating, Rydel got us each a piece of lasagna and I poured us both a glass of coke. We went in the living room with the boys and started eating. I finished my lasagna before drinking my pop. I tried a little sip. Wow this is great, then I drank the rest.
-5 minutes later-
I wish I could see a unicorn. Can pigs really fly? Why do they call red, red and blue, blue? why can't dogs see colour. Why do dog years go 7 when people years only go 1? Is there such thing as mermaids? Could I actually journey to the centre of the earth? Are megalodons real? Are they still in the deepest depths in the ocean? I LOOOVVVVEEEE pop it's my new favourite drink!! I started jumping on the couch. I believe I can fly....! I said jumping off the couch. I fell face first but don't worry it only hurt a lot! "Ryla are you alright?" Riker asked. "Of course I am why wouldn't I be?! Do I look not alright?! Well gotta go I'm gonna go run around outside!! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!" I said really fast running out the door and to the park. One I got to the park I stopped in my tracks. Oh crap, did I just talk to them? DAAYYYYMMMM IT!

Riker's P.O.V

Ryla just spoke to us. She just spoke to us. She hasn't spoken to anyone in like 5 years. I looked at all my sibling we all had the same surprised expression. "S-she has a voice..." Ryland said. "I shouldn't of let her have pop..." Rydel said. "That was a lot of words in a couple seconds..." Ross said scaredly. My face fell. "We just let that totally hyped kid out of the house and into civilization. People are going to think she's High!" I yelled jumping up from the couch. All my siblings jumped up too. "Where did she say she was going?" Rocky asked. "Uhhhh the park!" I said running out the door and too the park. We saw Ryla, spinning around in circles, with her arms flailing around. We started walking towards her and he fell backwards. Then we started running towards her. When we got there we saw she was smiling. "Aww, her first sugar crash...." Ross cooed. We all looked at him and he put his hands up in defence. I sighed and picked her up. I carried here home, and layer her on the couch. We'll see if she can talk again tomorrow.....,