fifteen

it was now monday. school was almost done for the day and soobin couldn't wait to start tutoring for the first time. he also returned home, apologising to his mother. he still hasn't seen mr choi yet, not having his classes on a monday.

soobin still didn't accept their relationship but he's willing to deal with it so to make up for shouting at her, he promised to take her out to a restaurant after he gets paid for tutoring.

he checked his phone, the time reading 3:57pm- a few minutes more and school would be over. he packed his stuff up along with the other students and the teacher.

the bell eventually went, everyone standing at once and trying to leave the classroom fast enough.

he followed slowly behind, waving goodbye to the teacher before stepping outside the class. standing right next to the door was hyemi, smiling happily as she spotted soobin.

"soobinnie!" she greeted him, him returning the smile. "hey hyemi! what are you doing here? i thought i was meeting you at yours."

the two walked down the halls side by side. "i was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat before we go to mine." she suggested, playing with the hem of her cream coloured cardigan. "sure i'd love to." he smiled, blush creeping upon her cheeks. "is it okay if i invite kai and beomgyu?" he asked, her smiling disappearing.

"oh, i uh was hoping it would just be us two but you can invite them all you want." she forced a smile. he thanked her, going onto his phone to text them on the group chat.

beomgyu is ugly💁🏻‍♀️💅🏻

soob
guys
do you wanna go eat out with hyemi and i?

hyuka
hyemi?
from my class?

soob
yeah she's the girl i'm tutoring

gyuie
WHO CALLED ME UGLY
KAI

hyuka
not me🤷🏻‍♀️

gyuie
YOUR BUNNY COLLECTION IS MINE BITCH
but why are you tutoring her?

soob
she said she was having trouble doing homework so she asked me to tutor her
she's gonna pay me so it's fine
plus she's nice

gyuie
i already don't trust her
but kai and i are waiting outside the school
see you soon baby😉💜

hyuka
yeah see you soon soob

"soobin? did you hear what i said?" hyemi asks, the taller looking up at her, shaking his head. "i'm sorry i wasn't. what did you say?"

he stuffed his phone back into his trouser pocket, listening to hyemi speak.

"i was saying that i'm really glad to have you as my tutor. i feel like with you i'll actually learn something." she giggled. soobin flashed a smile, his face going red from the compliment she gave him.

"i'll try my best to make sure you pass the exams that are coming up." he assures her.

they walk outside the school building, meeting up with soobins friends before heading towards the cafe.

"so hyemi. why soobin?" beomgyu asked the girl suspiciously. "because soobinnie is the smartest boy in the whole school. there's no one else i want to tutor me other than him." she replied, linking her arm with the taller male.

the sudden action made soobin uncomfortable and kai could tell.

they four of them arrived at the cafe, sitting down at a booth. kai tried to sit next to soobin, only to be shoved out the way by hyemi. he slumped down next to beomgyu, glaring at his classmate.

"damn it." hyemi cursed, digging through her bag. "what's wrong?" soobin asked her, everyone looking her way now. "i totally forgot my purse. you wouldn't mind paying for me
right soobin?" she asked, batting her eyelashes. beomgyu wanted to puke at the sight and shove her out the group.

"oh uh sure. what would you like?"

she told the taller her order before he stood up and went up to the counter, kai following behind.

"are you sure tutoring her is a good idea?" kai asked as they stood in line. "yeah. she needs it and i need the money so it's fine with me. why? you thinking i shouldn't do it?" he asked back.

"no it's just that-" the younger started to say but cut himself off. "never mind. what you getting?" he changed the topic, moving up in the line.

"i'm not getting anything. i didn't bring enough today but it's fine." soobin said with a small smile.

kai felt bad for the elder, a frown on his face.

"soob. lemme pay for her order. you get yourself something." the younger spoke. "oh no you don't have to do that. i have a water bottle in my bag-"

"no let me do this. you're my best friend and i'm not letting you not be able to get your almond milk. now go buy it."

soobin thanked kai with a hug before buying his drink.

after buying their drinks, along with hyemis and beomgyus, they returned to the table, sitting down.

kai passed hyemi her drinks with a smile, hyemi glaring at him before forcing a smile. "thank you kai." the smile quickly vanished as she drank her coffee.

"soobin! are you okay if i get daniels number?" beomgyu asked the taller who drank his milk through a straw. "of course. why?"

"oh no reason. just wanna know him better since he's gonna be in our lives." the raven haired spoke, glancing at the female to see her reaction. she was confused which is what he was going for.

"who's daniel?"

"oh he's-" beomgyu cut soobin off. "he's this super hot guy soobin has been talking to. they're pen pal buddies and he's from america. i hope they end up married."

soobin kicked beomgyus leg under the table, his face turning bright red.

"beom shut up." kai whispered.

"you hate her as much as i do. trust me. this'll work."