{⋅. Eight .⋅}

It took a while of running to get far away enough to were Sapnap was happy and he could finally pause to take a breath. Dream huffed out with a sign of relief, collapsing onto the grass covered earth.

"Dream. You are officially an idiot."

Dream let out a huff in anticipation and rolled his eyes at the man. Sitting up in the grass, he patted the spot next to him, inviting the other to sit. He obliged.

The two of them sat there, as the wind whisked through the trees, sending a small shower of leaves upon them. The cloudless, pale, azure sky stretched across the world.

Sapnap brought his knees up to his chest.

"So... now what?"

The question hung in the air, unanswered. The two of them just sat there, letting the world around them move as they remained still.

"Didn't you notice what George had in his hand?"

A slight pause.

"A sword?"

"His other hand."

Sapnap scoffed, laying back down on the earth and picking blades of grass with his fingers.

"No I didn't notice. I was too busy saving your butt to really pay any attention."

"I could have saved myself back there pretty well."

"Oh yeah I'm sure that you being pinned down was all apart of your master plan."

Dream rolled his eyes and stood up off the grass, pacing back and forth now.

"He had a compass Sapnap. As soon as I saw that compass, I knew something was up. The needle... you know how the needle usually points north?"

"I mean... that is the point of compasses, no?"

"Shut up. The needle wasn't pointing north. It was pointing at me."

"Maybe you were just standing-"

Dream threw his hands up in the air, his voice raising in slight frustration that was slowly building up inside of him.

"That's the things Sapnap! I took a few steps to the side and the needle... it followed me! You didn't what what George said when you first found me! 'You think you can get away Dream? Your never safe Dream, as long as I have this.' And then he pulled out that god forsaken compass!"

Sapnap look up with concern at his friend, who by now had stopped pacing and was leaning against a tree.

"Don't you get it Sapnap?"

"...no?"

Dream let out a groan and turned to meet his friends gaze.

"What game do we play, quite often I might add, that involves a compass that can point to other people."

Sapnap started blankly at the ground, deep in thought. What game did they play that involves a magical compass?

Oh.

His head snapped back up to meet Dreams eyes, the cogs in his brain spinning.

"Manhunt..."

Dream snapped his fingers together, nodding his head.

"Manhunt! Doesn't it make sense now? That's our mission. That's our goal Sapnap. To get out of here, we gotta speedrun minecraft."

Sapnap stood up and put a hand on his friends shoulder.

"Well it's easier done then said Dream. You had never had to pay real life consequences for jumping off a tall cliff, or missing an MLG. Haven't you noticed how it actually hurts when you get scraped or hit?"

Dream look at his feet.

"It is weird..."

"Don't you think it's weird that we can actually taste food in the game? That we can actually feel the texture blocks around us?"

Dream looked back up and started to pace again as Sapnap continued to talk.

"Dream we don't know the consequences of anything. What happens when we die? What happens when we miss an MLG water? What happens when George catches up? Our actions have consequences now!"

Sapnaps argument was starting to go in circles. He was running out of examples.

"Sapnap... we will never know if we don't try."

"Dream..."

"Would you rather die fighting for a way out, or die never knowing if you could have made it out?"

"I prefer not dying at all."

"We have to try! Even if their is the slightest chance we can go home, back to the real world, don't y-" 

A hand slammed over Dreams mouth and Sapnap quickly shushed him. After removing the hand off his mouth, he quickly listened.

"What?"

"I thought I heard something-"

Something dropped out of the trees behind them, landing on the ground with a hiss.

𑁍

Congrats on reading Chapter Eight!

It's been a few days since the Twitter incident and honestly I haven't heard much of it since. I'm still completely conflicted.

But MCC was dope, honestly still such a fun thing to watch. Personally, I think the lag from the battle box was the fire, and that they shouldn't have reset it, but the past is the past.

Also have speedy Dream, drawn by your truly. (Inspired by Dreams "Minecraft, but the speed increases" video, and drawn for a special 5Mil project for him.)

All my best,»» Citlali ««

All my best,
»» Citlali ««