𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 29

N.B. Feel free to listen to this song when you see this symbol ; ☾

The smoke was beginning to encapsulate the emperor as he now resorted to picking the lock. He could feel the heat of the flames through the metal door, threatening to burst in any moment. Finally, he had heard a click after fiddling with the lock and flung the door open to be met with a raging fire growing with each passing moment.

  He takes in a deep breath in an attempt to protect his lungs from the smoke and dashes through the fire, bolting out of the building. Throwing himself on the dew and ash ridden grass outside, he takes in a deep breath and feels several burns sustained on his body. At least, he was glad to make it out alive. After all, he still had an Empress to save. He wanted to keep his promise of spending his rest of his life to you.

  However, he ignored the pain of the burns on parts of his legs, he didn't want to stop his search until he found you. As he looked around, he noticed that thankfully, his horse was only a small ways away. However, the other one that had been tied to a tree had disappeared, most likely used by that bastard of a human Vernon to flee the scene.

  Takahiro noticed that Eugene was still missing from the scene but he was sure he would be able to track him down soon too, if not the other way around. After all, Takahiro had killed not only his mother but his father now too. It was only in due time that he was to find out.

  Getting onto his feet once again, Takahiro sighed. Whoever had taken you away from him would pay. He would not spare them a single glance for that matter.

  Takahiro takes in a deep breath of relief as he took a minute to process matters, pursing his lips as he stood there deep in thought. The sky gently began to cry rain droplets, helping the fire to die down. Scorching the fire to sleep, the rain slowly intensified, beating down at a greater tempo onto the emperor's frame as he still stood there in thought, planning his next steps.

  He had decided to go through with his initial plan of going back to search the cottage and to interrogate those living at the small, rural village for any details or information. After all, he had the money to bribe those poor souls into telling him anything he wanted. If not, he was undoubtedly much more strong than them and could easily torture them in their own homes if they didn't comply with his wishes.

  As the tracks once there began to die down, the emperor climbed back onto his horse, not panicking as the way back to the village was a simple route which he could easily lead himself back to despite it being quite a long way away from where he currently was.

  In the meanwhile, you and Octavi had finally arrived to the cottage once again as it began to rain upon the snowed upon earth. It was fairly chilly in this region of Intuuin, especially since it was near the mountains after all. Octavi had wrapped a well-made and insulating blanked over your shoulders and arms to help shield you from the cold.

  As Octavi jumps off the wagon, he ties the horse down once again before proceeding to go to the back of the wagon and take you into his arms, carrying you bridal style into the run-down and ancient looking cottage. Placing you down onto the olive green sofa that pricked your [S/C] skin that now laid upon it, Octavi proceeded to lock the door behind the two of you.

  Noticing that he had not taken any luggage with the both of you, you decide to ask why. "Octavi, why haven't you taken any luggage? All I have are these clothes that I had been changed into and all you have is that stuffy uniform," You point out. Since your night gown had been soaked with blood from the incident and torn terribly, it was pretty much unwearable as well. With that, you had no clothes other than your current ones to wear.