The Teacher Exam

At school, everyone lined up outside with a row of teachers in front of them. Shigaraki was at the front as he began speaking to the class.

"Today we will now be paring you against teachers, two students per teacher. To win you must either handcuff the teacher or escape the battlefield through the marked gate, and you only have thirty minutes." Shigaraki explains.

"Sir, we have an odd number of students," Momo brought up.

"Due to the unfortunate events that transpired one student will be alone against a teacher. Principal Nezu will go up against Kaminari and Ahisdo, Thirteen versus  Aoyama and Uraraka, Present Mic versus Koda and Jiro, Ectoplasm versus Tokoyami and Asui, Midnight versus Sero and Mineta, Snipe versus Shoki and Hagakure, Cementoss versus Sato and Kirishima, All Might versus Bakugo and Ojiro," Shigaraki explained. "Aizawa said he would help for this exercise so Momo and Todoroki will be against him. That leaves Izuku going up against me."

The students could feel the tension but it wasn't them against the teachers, it was between Izuku and Shigaraki. Despite the battle being for an exam, between them it was something more. Shigaraki always felt something off with Izuku and when no one could find him during the sports festival attack the doubts only grew. Izuku, on the other hand, felt he had something to prove against One for All's successor.

"Still mad about me being uncooperative during the Quirk Apprehension Test, Handyman?" Izuku said snarkily as he tried to ease the tension "if I'm going alone I guess I should give up early."

"You won't be given the opportunity to this time, I'll be coming at you with all my strength," Shigaraki states. "Everyone you have a few minutes to prepare before we start the test."

Most of the students went to watch as Izuku wandered off by himself to try and think of a plan to fight Shigaraki. Izuku was restricted to only his heat quirk and was up against someone who could decay things and could use One for All.

"Ugh, you're here," Bakugo remarked as he came across Izuku.

"I'm busy," Izuku remarked.

"You're busy? I'm preparing to fight All Might!" Bakugo stated.

"You know, you might win if you don't fight him," Izuku suggested.

"There isn't any point unless I defeat him," Bakugo responded.

"Well, I'll see you in the loser circle," Izuku mocked.

"I won't lose!" Bakugo shouted confidently.

"Where does all this false confidence come from? For once be honest, how you can confidently say you will beat the person you know you can't beat?" Izuku asked.

Bakugo glared at Izuku before looking up "how can you say something so stupid as a hero? No matter what we have to be confident, if we doubt ourselves for even a moment then how can we call ourselves heroes. Now get your ass off the ground, quit complaining, and give it everything you got. So when I become the best, I know I beat everyone at their best."

"That might be the first and only profound thing you say in your entire life," Izuku remarks.

"Shut up, now I'm gonna go kick All Might's ass!" Bakugo stomped off.

Izuku walked towards his location a few minutes later coming across Uraraka along the way "Izuku," She said happily.

"How did you do?" Izuku asked.

"We cuffed Thirteen," Uraraka stated happily.

"How did you manage that?" Izuku asked since he was surprised she succeeded.

Uraraka thought back on it. When Aoyama and herself were cornered and hanging on for dear life he asked if she had a crush on Izuku. Uraraka refused, saying they're just friends but Aoyama asked again, even going as far as to mention how good they look together. Uraraka lost herself for a moment and wanted to smack Aoyama but lost her grip and was hurdling towards Thirteen. Thirteen had to stop the quirk or risk killing Uraraka and at that moment she apprehended Thirteen.

"An accident, things got out of control and she had to turn off her quirk or risk killing us. We took advantage of it," Uraraka admitted.

"So you abused the fact you were fighting a hero to win? I'm honestly impressed," Izuku admitted.

"Impressed?" Uraraka asked, a bit confused by the response.

"Yea, I never pictured you as someone who could take advantage of a flaw with the rules and claim it as a victory. Before you would have called something like this cheating," Izuku explained.

"I don't feel too good about winning this way," Uraraka admitted.

"That's because you didn't consider doing it in the first place. It doesn't matter if you prefer not to exploit a loophole, but always keep it as an option when your other plans don't work. You'll feel pretty good when it's planned and not an accident," Izuku stated.

Uraraka was a bit surprised, there wasn't any sarcasm or any of his passive-aggressive attitude. As Izuku walked by her she couldn't help but watch him while one question lay in her mind, why does Izuku always prefer the underhanded methods.

Izuku stepped through a gate and walked to the center of an area with nothing but dirt and soil. On the other side was the goal and in front of him stood Shigaraki. 

"No sarcastic jokes?" Shigaraki asked.

"None, just some gloating when I pass single handily,"

----------------------------------------

This chapter is like that pun at the end. 

Just something my brain wanted to write.