chapter six

Malia McGonagall

Malia McGonagall

'I was going to wait for the dramatic flair.'

~Peter Hale

⚯͛

1st November 1994

Due to the students of both Beauxbatons and Durmstrang spending the entire year in Scotland, residing in the grounds of Hogwarts; the students had been submitted into the classes of the Hogwarts students - in Durmstarng they had anyway - Beauxbatons students were too prestigious to mix with the ordinary folks of the lower-class.

Due to Durmstrang being significantly smaller than Hogwarts, squeezing in a few extra students made little to no difference once they had settled. That, however, did not apply when the fur-clad students were wandering the castle halls, seemingly lost, as they searched for their assigned classrooms for the first period that morning.

Luckily for the two girls, Neveah, and Raven had been given the same schedules; this meant they were both lost together. Eventually, after several minutes from the bell ringing, the two came across the Transfiguration classroom - that was located on the first floor (not the second like back at Durmstrang.)

Neveah opened the door, charging into the room - with Raven trotting not far behind. The Professor - Professor McGonagall - stood at the front of the room, whilst the class copied down several diagrams that had been drawn out on the board, "Miss. Krum," The old professor began as she walked towards the two teenagers, "Perhaps if I turned, Miss. Howendale, and yourself into a pocket watch; then maybe one of you would be on time!"

Neveah opened her mouth, ready to respond, when the old teacher continued, "I'm sure you don't need a map to find your way to your seat beside Mr. Casper, do you?" The professor questioned, her voice dripping in sarcasm, as Neveah nodded mumbling under her breath as she followed to where the Professor was pointing; towards a blonde boy in blue and bronze. Next, the old professor turned towards the black-haired girl, who ran her tongue across her lip nervously, "And you, Miss. Howendale can go sit beside my lovely niece; Malia." The Professor then pointed to a girl with light brown, hair who sat in front of the professor's desk, "But I must warn you....she can be a bit of a hand-full." The girl sent a cheeky grin towards her Professor.

Raven quickly nodded, ducking her head to ignore the glares from several of her classmates from Durmstang, and Hogwarts students, and to pretend she hadn't seen the curious look the older professor had given her. McGonagall's niece, Malia, gave the brunette a cheeky smile, "Don't worry, Minnie's a push-over," She then snorted, as the professor sent her a harsh glare, "She'll get over you being late."

"Malia," The professor hissed, looking at her niece, "Shut up." Raven looked at the Transfiguration teacher in shock, "Now, this year is very important for every one of you. O.W.Ls determines the subjects you will be able to take to NEWTs level; during your sixth and seventh year. The more subjects you get an Acceptable or above in; means the more options you will have for a career path once you graduate Hogwarts, of for the Durmstrang students when they graduate the Durmstrang Institute."