1

Braelynn's Perspective

Three...two...one!

"Hello?" I thought.

"Anything?" My friends asked. Anna and Parker were on Facetime with me since noon while we waited for this very moment. My birthday. The day I get to communicate with someone I'm supposedly "destined" to be with. I waited patiently, thinking small thoughts to try and budge.

"No..." I replied.

"Maybe he's asleep." Parker shrugged.

"How do we know it's a he? It's 2020, Parker." Anna corrected. I laughed.

"Finally! Happy birthday! Sorry, it's 5 am where I'm at. I just woke up a while ago." I heard. It sounded like myself, but different. Just like any old voice in my head. Like the voice in your head.

"GUYS SHUT UP, IT HAPPENED!" I yelled, staring at the pictures of my friends.

"You don't know how to control your thoughts yet, do you? Didn't you pay attention is Psychology? I just heard a bunch of gasps. You alright?"

I wish I knew what he sounded like.

I waited. Did he hear me?

With no response, I conclude I have more control than I thought. "What's happening, Braelynn?" Anna squealed.

"He's very sassy," I mumbled.

"Ha! I do know a few things because you have no idea what I just thought. What's your name?" I boasted.

"Harry. What's yours?"

"Braelynn. Well, at least I know you're a guy now!"

"His name is Harry." I interrupted Parker and Anna's arguing.

"Okay, so we have Sam, Mary, and now Harry! I still can't believe your soulmate is Mary Wilson. She's an asshole." Anna told our friend.

"She is not! She helped me with a science test." Parker scoffed. He ran his hand through his hair and laid his head on the pillow beside him.

"Go to bed. We have a quiz in History tomorrow and even Mary can't help you with that subject." I told him.

"Fine. Talk to you tomorrow, B." He yawned and hung up.

"I'm gonna beat the fuck out of him. He left without saying goodbye to me!" Anna gasped. I laughed.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, A. See if Sam's up." I stretched. "K. Bye!!!"

The Facetime ended and I laid back.

"Avocado toast, obviously

"Avocado toast, obviously." I chose. "Does this mean I have to stay awake to make choices for you?" I asked Harry. I should've paid attention.

"No, not at all. It'll auto choose based on what you might like, plus you don't make all the choices. Only a few random ones. You should feel tired soon, I chose for you to sleep. I'll talk to you when you wake up." Harry told me.

"I'll talk to you later, Harry. Goodnight, or... good morning."

-

"Blue earrings? Seriously? Okay, this is gonna be interesting. I haven't worn these in years, Harry."

So far, this man has made me eat breakfast (which I haven't done since freshman year,) wear clothing that's VERY out of my comfort zone, and actually do a face mask BEFORE school. It's the last week. No one is trying to look good. "You probably look good! When do you leave?" He asked.

"Now. You know how much this bus reeks?" I sat in the way back and went on my phone. I was the first person on.

"No, I expect things are much different where you are then in London. I'm not in high school anymore."

"Oh god, don't tell me you're like 40."
"No! No, I'm not even 30 yet."
"Thank god. I'm in Florida, so yeah, things are way different."

"Hey, bitch!" Someone called. I looked up and saw Anna. "Hey hoe, come here!" I told her. She sat down beside me and her twin sister sat at the front of the bus. "Jasmine is mad because I wore her jeans without her asking. Whoops. Any new messages? Are you guys talking? Why are you dressed like that? You look great girl...but why?" Anna asked. "Yeah, he's from London and completed high school, but isn't old. He chose this outfit and yes, we were just talking." I turned off my phone and sat against the window with my feet pressed against my chest.

"Ooo! Wait, so how can you meet him if he's all the way in London? You won't be able to see him for years!" She gasped. "I know." I sighed.

I chose to ask for water

I chose to ask for water. "Are you eating somewhere or something?" I asked.
"Nope, just...thirsty."

I shrugged it off. "So why didn't you take your car today?" Anna questioned. "My mom let Josh use it." I sighed, talking about my annoying brother. He's twenty-four and still living at home. He crashed his car two weeks ago and hasn't gotten a new one and refuses to order a Lyft. "Well, that's stupid," Anna mumbled.

"Yep."