▲ Pyschology Related Jobs ▲

Art Therapist

Art therapists utilize the expressive and creative arts to help clients cope with psychological distress and to enhance emotional well-being.

By using art, clients can communicate feelings, express creativity, explore different aspects, of personality, and cope with stress.

Art therapy is often used in a variety of situations, including:

Adults suffering from chronic or severe stress1

Children with disabilities

People who have suffered brain injuries

People who have witnessed or experienced a traumatic event

Aviation Psychologist

Aviation psychology is a relatively little-known sub-specialty area of human factors psychology that involves the study of pilots, air traffic controllers, and other flight crew members.

Some responsibilities this job includes:

Assessing cabin safety

Conducting research on aviation safety

Designing flight decks

Evaluating prospective employees

Investigating aviation accidents

Selecting and training pilots

Training flight crews in communication strategies and ways to assist passengers with in-flight anxiety

Clinical Psychologist

Clinical psychologists assess, diagnose, and treat clients struggling with psychological disorders. These professionals typically work in hospital settings, mental health clinics, or private practices.

Consumer Psychologist

As retailers become more concerned with attracting new customers, the need for psychologists to understand consumer behavior in order to develop effective marketing campaigns has grown. Consumer psychologists not only study why people purchase goods and services, but they also analyze how family, friends, culture, and media messages affect buying behavior.

Some things this job includes:

Working with consumer focus groups to determine how appealing a particular product might be

Developing advertising and marketing campaigns to appeal to a target audience

Conducting theoretical research on shopping and buying behavior

Engineering Psychologist

Engineering psychologists use psychology to investigate how people interact with machines and other technology. These professionals use their understanding of the human mind and behavior to help design and improve technology, consumer products, work settings, and living environments.

Special Education Teacher

While slightly outside of a traditional psychology career, the field of special education offers a great deal of opportunity for those who enjoy helping children. Special education teachers work with students with a variety of disabilities.

Traffic Psychologist

Traffic psychology is an emerging field that involves applying psychological principles to understanding driver behavior.

Some areas in this field include:

Designing vehicles that are safer and more ergonomic

Researching how people use transportation
Searching for ways to improve traffic safety and prevent auto accidents

Studying the relationship between driver behavior and traffic accidents

Sports Psychologist

Sports psychologists focus on the psychological aspects of sports and athletics, including topics such as motivation, performance, and injury. The two major areas within sports psychology are centered on helping to improve athletic performance or using sports to improve mental and physical health.

Health Psychologist

Health psychologists study how psychological, biological, and social factors influence health. Two important areas of health psychology include helping people avoid illness and promoting healthy behaviors. Educating people about the causes of illness and teaching healthier habits are just two things that a health psychologist might do on a regular basis.