Chapter Nine: Nerves

The two dreaded lines saying the I am pregnant cause me to fall onto repulsive gas station bathroom floor.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mumble aloud. What if it's not Daniel's? What if it's one of the men that raped me's child?

"SHIT!" I say, louder this time and break down in tears.

After five minutes of crying, I stuff the pregnancy test in my pocket and rush out of the bathroom. Daniel will be able to smell my different scent!

Ok, ok. Think. I say to myself.

McDonalds will help. McDonalds helps everything. I get back into the car and drive to the building that is my little piece of heaven. I end up ordering a single cheese burger and a large fry as well as a large milkshake. While I'm slowly driving back to the pack house I eat my burger and fries, occasionally sipping my milkshake.

As I'm reaching the mansion, I'm growing more and more nervous. My hands are shaking and I'm sweating profusely.

When I pull into the driveway, Daniel runs out the front door with a panicked expression on his face. I get out of the car and make my way over to him, holding my fries and milkshake.

"Where have you been? Do you have any idea how worried I was?!" He shouts at me in his Alpha voice. His eyes flickering between their natural brown and his wolf's black.

I immediately cringe away, fear making itself known in my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, almost inaudibly.

"Where were you?!" He yells. Oblivious to the fact that I am nearly shitting my pants in fear.

"I went for a drive, then got hungry so I went to McDonalds. I didn't think you would worry. I'm sorry" I say again.

He takes a deep breathe and his eyes go back to normal. He reaches out to me, pulls me into a hug and buries his nose in the crook of my neck, inhaling deeply. I mentally cringe. Don't smell me. Don't smell me, I think.

"Hey, baby? Why do you smell different?" He questions.

"Must just be the McDonalds." I lie.

"Okay, babe. But I'm expecting a French fry when we get inside." He laughs and winks at me playfully.

He suspects nothing. At least I hope he doesn't.