x v i i .

"Can I see it?"

Marie sat atop Nathaniel's desk, her legs dangling off the edge and her body covered with a soft blanket, as the professor leaned back in his office chair. The two had quickly cleaned up after their intense scene, Marie basking in fulfilled satisfaction from her multiple and completely unrestricted orgasms.

Nathaniel pulled out his pocket knife, flipping the blade out with one swift movement. The steel edge and silver handle glinted precariously in the light.

He handed the delicate object to Marie, who tentatively took ahold of it.

"Careful," Nathaniel warned, watching Marie's every move intently. He was entertained by her youthful curiosity.

It was something his other submissives never had.

Marie was mesmerized by the intricate tool. It was a simple tactical folding knife, with a pristine stainless steel blade adorned with menacing jagged edges. But the handle was the clear focal point.

"Look closely at the grip. It's embellished with white gold - the engraving was hand done by a talented local craftsman in Egypt. I got lost five times in the bazaar trying to find the man." Nathaniel leaned over, shifting Marie's attention to the beautiful work done on the handle.

"Egypt?" Marie asked, her curiosity peaked.

"I've been all over the world, Marie," Nathaniel replied cockily with a sly smile. "I was surprised you knew Latin."

Marie tilted the blade, letting the light in the room reflect and bounce off it. "I think I was the only one in my entire school who actually enjoyed the class..."

Nathaniel watched as Marie's words faltered, her expression slightly falling. His first reaction was to ask why Marie was an economics major if her passion clearly lied elsewhere... but he remembered one of her hard limits.

Her family.

He didn't press the issue.

Marie let her fingers run over the regal carvings, before snapping the blade back into its holster. Nathaniel flinched at her slightly clumsy attempt, making her giggle.

Nathaniel grabbed the knife back and tossed it into a random drawer below his desk.

"That's enough." He turned his attention back to Marie. "Did you like it? The knife play?"

"I loved it," Marie responded in a soft voice, but it was tainted with... uncertainty.

She hesitated before asking. "Is there something wrong with me?"

A part of Nathaniel broke as he looked into Marie's sunken expression. He sympathized because he knew exactly how the young student felt.

Nathaniel leaned in closer to Marie. "Do you remember my tattoo?"

Marie nodded. Post tenebras spero lucem.

After darkness, I hope for light.

"It took me a long time to accept all this, Marie. Accept the fact that I'm a sadist." Nathaniel paused. "It comes with a lot of... complicated emotions. It can get a bit dark."

Seeing Nathaniel open up made Marie want to move onto his lap and curl up against his chest...but she remained where she was, listening intently.

Sadomasochism can be a sensitive topic - and highly misunderstood. Nathaniel wasn't an abuser of women or a misogynist, although some could see him as one. Just as Marie wasn't a disgrace to oppressed women or feminism. As long as things remained safe, sane, and consensual... the two were simply indulging in their own personal desires.