Chapter 36 - sarah and buddy

Anastasia was awoken by the ringing of her phone's alarm, three hours before school's start. She washed her face and got ready to leave in minutes, a thin dress covering up her trousers and tucked shirt. She had been granted permission to leave the school ground every morning for her morning run, asked for by the Queen of Kou herself and accepted by the headmaster who couldn't dare refuse. Locking her door behind her, she left the school grounds, ending up in a small pub, open all hours. She removed the dress in the bathroom stalls, swiftly leaving the cafe to start her morning run.

Almost an hour later, Anastasia was back outside the school gate as she had run a far while, doing her best to avoid overly crowded areas. She ran through the streets and wooded areas, seeing the unfamiliar sights. Running wasn't as enjoyable without her lovely animal partner, but that made her return to the dorms all the more excitable so she could welcome her dog with warm arms. She made a beeline straight to her dorm, avoiding the three or four students that had risen early.

Anastasia opened the door to her apartment, going straight to the showers. She left, half an hour later, feeling refreshed and (hopefully) ready. Hanging beside her desk was a white based uniform. She swiftly changed, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She wore a white shirt tucked into a lower-thigh-high, checkered purple skirt, a similarly coloured ribbon around her neck. Over her shirt was a shirt blazer with purple and black outlines. Her legs were covered by black tights, replacing the school's issues thigh high white socks. On her feet, she wore black shoes, making a small clacking noise as she walked around her room.

Her inspection of the uniform was interrupted by a brief knock at the door. A smile Appleseed on her face as she recalled the familiar pattern and soft knocking. Sure enough, as she opened the door, she was greeted by the soft smile and now of her personal maid, a leash in hand.

"Rise, Sarah. Welcome- I assume you carriage ride was enjoyable?"

She stepped aside, welcoming Sarah into the apartment as she wondered back towards her sofa.

"It was most enjoyable, madam. I truly appreciate your order of a high profile carriage."

Anastasia giggled.

"That's no problem- now, where is he? My little boy!"

Sarah's smile widened as she tugged gently on the leash in hand, closing the door behind the animal on the leash. The animal in question barked twice with joy, launching itself at its owner. Anastasia laughed at the brown bundle of joy that had shot at her legs, attempting to jump at her knees.

"Oh, I missed you so much! I'm so sorry to take you away from Delia and Ala but I couldn't leave without my running partner!"

Anastasia spent a third of an hour conversing with her maid, as she allowed Sarah to tend to her hair and makeup. She soon had to leave, going to meet up with Jamison outside the dormitories to make her way to the school canteen.

"Bye, Buddy! Bye, Sarah! Here are the keys and -oh- don't forget that some people will arrive soon to sort out bedding arrangements so you can have your things moved into the spare room!"

"Thank you, madam. I shall do so- have a great day, Duchess."

She grinned back at Sarah, closing the door to a click and locking it.

"I hope I do, Sarah. I hope I do."

————————-————————-——————

This chapter is actually a chapter plan split in half- next bit coming soon! I hope you enjoyed reading this one, though it isn't what it was planned to completely be xD And sorry for the 2 hour delay! I had come back from a cousin's birthday party late and that ended up with me pushing everything back a bit to get ready for bed first!! Thank you for your patience!! I did indeed miss a couple regular commenters but I hope to see you another time in another chapter  :')

I have one more week of school! If anyone else is still attending school, has yours already? If so, you're so luckyyyy!!

Anyway, I'm way to tired- it's almost 4:00am and I'm suffering from lack of sleep from the last week and especially last night! I literally almost fell asleep halfway through writing but I did by utmost best but please feel free to point out mistakes- no matter how small!! Anyways- good night everyone!

-Mathu x