Chapter 15

I woke up feeling quite dizzy. I think I have a hangover, but I'm not sure if werewolves get one. Besides, I hadn't drank much.

I tugged on my wrists but a sharp burn had me flinching back and crying out loud. The same thing happened with my ankles. I finally glanced down to see silver chains. I growled in anger.

Footsteps from far off suddenly head in my direction and realization of where I am suddenly attack me. I try to calm my beating heart but taking deep breaths didn't work. The door opened just as my head snapped up.

The wind was knocked out of me from who I saw.

"Ethan?"

Ethan. I remember him. He was my old betas son. We hung out a lot back in our old pack. He - and Blake, his younger brother- were like younger brothers I've never had.

He smiled his usual crooked smile. But something was different about him. First of all, it was that obvious scar from his lips to chin. And secondly, it was the way he had a hard look in his eyes. Before he had such kind eyes but now he had such a hard look in his eyes even though he was smiling.

"Hey Anna." I shifted a little resulting in the sharp burn of the silver chains. I winced making Ethan send me an apology through his face.

"I was sent here to see if you were finally awake," he spoke easily.

"You're working with rogues?!" I ask mortified.

He shrugged as if that wasn't important. Hell yeah, that is important.

"I don't really have a chose now," he spoke the next few words bitterly, "your mate destroyed everything I ever loved."

"What happened that night Ethan?" I ask gently. At my question he looks at me confused as if to say, you were there. "I was out cold two minutes into the attack."

"All I remember is my mom telling me to get Blake and go with the other kids to the underground hide out," Ethan began getting a distant look in his face, "I should have listened to her.

I wanted to help the pack. Shit. I should have listened and not had let my pride get in the way. I told Blake to go with the other kids and that I would meet him there. He ended up safe but I - i wanted to help my dad. I ran into the battle field thinking that I could do it but I broke down at what I saw. Bodies everywhere. From our pack. Not one person from their pack had died. My dad. I saw him all bruised and bloody, yet he was still fighting. I tried to go help him but that made it even worse."

Tears stung the corners of my eyes but I didn't bother to force them away. I couldn't anyways because of the silver chains.

"He turned away from the werewolves around him and made eye contact with me, mentally telling me to leave," by now Ethan was full on crying, "that was enough time for one of the wolves from the enemy pack to latch their jaws on his neck and-"

"Stop," I demanded, tears flowing down my cheeks, "please stop."

"Right in front of my own eyes Anna," he continued on with his crying until we both eventually ran out of tears.

We stopped crying and just sat in silence. There was obviously nothing I could say to him that could ever forget what he had to witness.

"I need to go," Ethan suddenly says, jerking away from me. He had a closed off expression on his face that made me wonder what he was doing with these people who kidnapped me.

"Ethan," I beg just before he closes the door, "get me out of these."

He shuts the door without saying anything.