King Pascal, Part 2/4

"Well gang, I've got bad news and really bad news," Eugene says as they stumble across the wreckage of the caravan that has washed ashore. "We strayed from the black rock path, and our caravan is now kaput..."

     "Wait, so we're stuck here?!" Hook Foot shouts, removing an octopus that is suctioned to his face. "I don't wanna be stuck here. No one wants to be stuck here! Where is here?"

     "Tirapai Island," Lance replies. He smoothly continues: "An agricultural port known for its bountiful fruit. The waning of the moon sharpens the sweetness of the crop, making the new moon an optimal time to harvest. A cargo ferry arrives to bring the island's fruit to the mainland each new moon."

     Everyone stares at him in shock. "How do you possibly know all that?" Eugene asks.

     "I know things!" Lance says. "Plus, it says it on that plaque over there."

     He points, and they all approach the large plaque sticking out of the sand. "Ah, plaque, yes..." Eugene says as they glance over it.

     "Sounds like all we got to do is wait to catch the ferry at the next new moon," Rapunzel says.

     "Ugh... This is horrible," Cassandra says, removing her boot to dump sand out of it. "We could be here for days or months... Or even—"

     "Look, I know it's not ideal," Rapunzel interrupts. "But if we have to be stranded, at least it's in a beautiful place like this!"

     "We're also all still together," Varian points out. "If you factor in the storm's wind velocity, and the ocean's currents, we could have all easily been separated."

     Pascal catches a dragonfly with his tongue and happily munches on it as Rapunzel continues

     Pascal catches a dragonfly with his tongue and happily munches on it as Rapunzel continues. "And if we are stuck here, we're gonna need to make shelter." She thinks for a moment, and then adds excitedly, "What do you say we have a little, uh, shelter building contest, right? Cass and I versus you guys?"

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa..." Eugene says. "There's five of us and two of you. I mean, is that really fair?"

     "Not to mention the advantages I would bring to the team," Varian smirks.

     "For the record, it is not two against five," Rapunzel says. Pascal puts his hands on his hips, expecting her to mention his name, but she doesn't notice. "We've also got Max. And he's as strong as a... a horse!"

     Varian watches Pascal grunt and kick the sand, and he honestly feels bad for the little guy. He whistles for his raccoon, who rushes over and clambers onto his shoulder. "Well, we have Ruddiger, so... yeah."

"