➳ 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Mr. Ku was an ordinary man in his forties, hardly the most attractive professor at Wangsil University, but far from the ugliest. Now and then, female students would approach him, some to ask questions, others, to simply flirt. Everybody knew he was a married man. With kids, in fact.

It was plenty of reasons to make Jieun so wildly nervous as she walked towards his desk. He was busy on his laptop, flipping pages of books in the process. Very concentrated.

She dropped her backpack purposely on the floor somewhere to drag his attention. He looked up in confusion, then smiled.

"Oh, Ms. Lee Jieun... How can I help you? Do you need something?"

Finally opening a smile herself, Jieun walked slowly until she reached the front of his desk. "No... I have some free time right now, and thought about stopping by at my favorite class."

He laughed, taking as a joke. Of course she expected him to. "If geometry was your favorite class, you wouldn't be sleeping so much on it. "

"You got me... but just because it's not my favorite class..." she began drawing circles on the table with her finger. "Doesn't mean you can't be my favorite teacher..."

Mr. Ku set his pencil down, giving her a very lingering suspicious look. "It's everything okay, Jieun?"

"Absolutely," she smiled brighter. "Since I'm here, do you need help with anything?"

He shook his head, standing up and grabbing the eraser. "No. I was just grading some classwork. But I'll leave soon, so you can go now if you want."

"Ah, no," she shook off her hand. "I can stay."

He continued giving her his back as he erased the big whiteboard.

"Speaking of which..." she cleared her throat, slowly setting aside the things on the table. "I'm worried about a friend of mine."

"Which friend?"

"Jeon Jungkook," she muttered. "He looks down, lately."

"It's that so?"

"Oh, he's your student too, right?"

Jieun tried to watch Mr. Ku's reaction carefully.

"Yes, he's my student... Smart boy, but it's leaving to be desired these past few weeks."

"Really? Why's that?"

"The grades are dropping... he's constantly late, and I noticed that he's been sleeping too... I wonder what happens in my class that makes everybody so... drowsy," he looked over his shoulder to peek at her. She knew it it was a reference to her, a very direct one.

"I won't say it's boring..." she said, lowering her voice. "There many interesting things here to focus on..."

"Well, then you should tell your friend that so you two can start doing it."