F I F T E E N

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Promises were really made to be broken huh? Baekhyun promised that he won't let Sehun hurt me anymore and Sehun made me promise that I wouldn't cry again. Both promises were broken tonight, but I can't blame anyone. The longer I stay with them, the more things get worse and the more my fear of losing one of them increases.

I couldn't even speak while Baekhyun was hugging me. It was so damn heartbreaking. I waited for him to release the hug, he has fully calmed down but I could still see some tears left in his eyelashes.

I wiped the rest of my tears and I tried to support myself in standing up. "You should sleep, Paige." Luhan said as he helped me.

"No, you're all injured, I should tend to you at least." I said.

"Paige, just rest," I gave him a determined look. If there's anything I'm good at, it's being stubborn.

They all gave up and they just allowed me to do what I want. I've been nothing but a burden to them and this is the only way I could get back. I took the stock of bandages from my medicine cabinet and I used it to help ease their injuries.

They didn't have major injuries, just a few sprains, cuts, and bruises. Baekhyun was the most injured, but he seems to be in much better condition now.

"You know this isn't a big deal, it's just a little sprain," Xiumin groaned as I wrapped a bandage around his foot. "If there's someone who needs to recover, it would be you. Two demons just fed off of you, you shouldn't even be able to move right now."

I placed my hand on my forehead since I really feel like I'm about to faint, but I have to endure right now.

"Just let me, you're the last one. I promise to take my rest after this." I told him as I finished wrapping the bandage.

They watched silently as I finished up. Once I was done, Xiumin immediately helped me get up and he assisted me towards my bed. Silence fell afterwards, no one was talking, nor did anyone try to make a move.

I was just sitting on my bed while pondering over different thoughts. I was worried that Aleister might return, things might get worse by then. How will we explain all of this to Sehun? How will they treat me after this? And most of all, what about Baekhyun? Will he be alright? Just thinking of him makes my heart ache.

I heaved a deep sigh and I bit my lip in frustration. Damn it, could it be possible that really I'm starting to like Baekhyun? But it doesn't matter now, I completely surrendered myself to Sehun's demon form. Whatever feelings I have for Baekhyun, they shouldn't be existing right now.

"You may leave now," I told them as I snapped out of my trance.

"How can we leave you when you look like you're going through so much distress?" Suho scratched his head. I am going through a lot of distress... all of us are.

"I'm just worried about a lot of things," I sighed. "I'm also really guilty for lying to all of you. I didn't know what to do." I looked towards them.

I'm having mixed emotions right now. I don't know why a part of me is happy, probably because I can see concern in their eyes. It's because I can tell that they aren't mad at me at all. But I also feel bad because I feel like I don't deserve their care.

"If I were in your position I would've done the same, so don't worry too much." Kai assured.

"And our uncle is indeed manipulative. Besides, you did it for us," Chen added. I did do it for them, but in the end I ended up making things worse.

"We'll be prepared next time Paige. Aleister's visit was too unexpected, same with Sehun's other form... do you think that we should work out now?" Chanyeol joked.