[ 3 ]

Tension. You felt tension. Namjoon was staring.

"There's this new cafe downtown" Namjoon said precariously. After staring at you for so long now. He was evidently, nervous, of all the aspects and the atmosphere created in the vechile.

you, him, car, lunch, and date.

Everything had to be perfect, or else he'd die, literally. Said place was a famous instragrammable dating site, that opened up earlier this week. People often said this was the perfect place to bring someone you're romantically interested in. He searched it online and stuff, you know like the nerd that he is.

Namjoon hoped you got the hint.

"ah yeah, sure?" you asked, eyes unwavering from the road. You were currently driving his company car, downtown was a bit far from company building, so you both decided to take the car for a spin. You haven't drove a car in so long, it made you nervous.

He pouted, fuck the car, he thought to himself. Why must your attention be elsewhere all the goddamn time, and not on him. He cleared his restricting throat trying to clear his head and tears that were spiritually there.

"Sorry, I'm nervous that I might kill you" you grinned at him. One wrong move and the car just might go disarray.

"You mean us?" he retorted. "No, just you, I'm fine" you chuckled.

dying, that is, you thought. You could never say that aloud tho.

"that's why I told you, I'd drive, you know for you" he spoke up, but lowered his voice near the end. You chuckled at this, he was quite bashful when it was just the both of you. "I'm a man and stuff" he piped once more, gaining confidence to actually hold a decent conversation.

"Driving is not a gender thing, you know" you said as you calmly placed your hand on his thigh facing him a bit before grinning. Making him melt on the spot, face burning like the sun, confidence shattered. He cleared his throat, trying to neither moan nor stutter.

Instead, he coughed. You noticed right away and looked straight with a quick apology and an awkward laugh. "Sorry, old habits" you awkwardly smiled and faced the road.

"yea, no it's fine" Namjoon replied and placed (Y/N)'s phone, that he borrowed earlier, with the waze app on and running, on the designated phone rack and started weeping internally.

old habits??!) heLP¡¡¿¿¿ with who?!!1

He was going feral, at the thought of you holding another one's thighs, while driving and you hair running through the wind. He was dying inside. Hence, the tension, you felt it, you didn't bother speaking about it though, you thought it was because of the thigh touching, when it was just about the old habits.

"You have arrived at your destination" the automatic mechanical voice said, snapping him right out of his thoughts. You parked the car, right in front of the location.

You blinked as you vacated the vechile. The place was crowded. The exterior was surely something, the pavement was yellow, newly installed. Whilst inside, the colored glass panes struck a wonderland feel to the place as the sunshine bounced through the window. The servers were pretty, even the men, for once. There was a miniature house on the center of the cafe, with red boots beside it. The waiters were hustling, robotically, if you say so yourself on the yellow-brick'ed restaurant. It was a themed cafe.

Wizard of Oz, to be precise.

"Welcome to Emerald City! I'll go get you a table" a man with a yellow apron approached and smiled gleefully. His boss was in shambles right now.

"oh, We're fine waiting on the line" you said awkwardly, the people in line noticing what was going on.

"No, I insist" he said shaking his head, while gliding through the cafe skillfully. "I'm Jaehyun, you're server today" he reminded, sitting both you and Namjoon on the neatest table you have ever seen a cafe had.

"Here's the menu, I'll be right back" he piped up and left. Namjoon felt that waiter ogling at you and he did not like it one bit. "The waiter looks rude" he accidentally slipped out.

"I think he's quite nice" you replied with a smile, that in itself, made his day. Your smile felt nice, more so against his lips if given the chance, he thought. He got so caught up on daydreaming about your lips he didn't realize a person behind him.

"Kim Namjoon, do my eyes betray me?" A loud gasp emerged behind him, and you looked at the person. Namjoon stood up immediately, shaking the hand of the person that gasped really really loud.

"(Y/N) (L/N), am I right" of course he was, he was your boyfriend after all. You just didn't know it yet, the random guy thought to himself.

Clad in prada sunglasses and slick back hair, the stranger held his hand out for you to shake. You being the dumbass that you were waved instead. "Ah of course, you wouldn't happen to remember"

He removed his shades and pushed back his already pushed back black hair. He forcefully grabbed your hand and said "Kim Taehyung, owner of this establishment" he winked and kissed your hand lightly like a feather.

This made you sweat, "Kim Taehyung" you mumbled and grabbed your hand away from him. The gears turned and everything fell into place he was your very first boyfriend !

"You were my very first boyfriend!" You smiled, satisfied with your conclusion. Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed. What was this? Did he just not remember anything at all.

Taehyung blushed, so you did remember everything after all. He blissfully thought, he was practically hyperventilating just moments ago when you entered his cafe. Jaehyun told him to calm down and fucking breathe and act cool for you and shit.

"Yes, Yeondam Elementary School, I clearly remember now" you told him. "We three were in it" Namjoon spoke up, not wanting to be left out. Awkward tension now resurfaced, Namjoon not wanting to say anything, Taehyung still staring at you and you, you were just plain confused.

"Boyfriend?" Namjoon spoke once more, and you chuckled at that. "Ah you know, child play" you grinned at Taehyung.

"It was so long ago, I thought you'd forget" he smiled genuinely. "Your cupcakes were the absolut best. How could I forget"

With this he was on cloud nine. You, yourself reinstated your relationship, you remember him, and the small dates you had and the touches and the cupcakes and the laughter shared between you two.

Dorothy, you remembered.

"I could always bake some for you, you know. Just visit me everda-"

"We're ordering now" Namjoom smized and laughed awkwardly. "Where's Jaehyung guy?"

"Jaehyun. And he is doing waiter things right now" Taehyung smized back, annoyed of course.

"I'll have whatever your bestseller is and a box of your cupcakes" you smiled and he felt his heart skip a beat.

Literally everything slowed down. The bustling waiters voice hushed down; the chitter chatter of the customers; everything just slowed down as he watched you tuck strands of your hair behind your ear studded in jewelry. And wow your fingers, it looked nice, at that moment he wondered about the feeling of your fingers cascading through his hair he grew out recently, that'd sure would feel nice. Everything hushed down even Namjoon's voice calling out to him, his order.

"-lo, I said, one ribeye steak!" Taehyung grasped into his senses and wrote that one down immediately. And ran into the kitchen as fast he can, holding unto the edges of his metal table.

His heart was beating so fast he couldn't remember the last time he felt like this. He fanned himself before going to work, he'd make sure the meal was his best, and you'd come back for more.

Only one thought on his mind the whole time.

My Dorothy came back home

[A/N: lmao what even is this]