Chapter 85

Aeduan

A monster.

That's what his mother called him. When she was still alive, that is.

They all died. His family died because of him, because of what he was.

Father. He said he loves him but there's a tinge of fear in his eyes every time the head of the house looks at him. Mother. She couldn't even look at him because she's afraid of his magic and very being. Little sister. She was ignorant, smiling at him innocently without knowing what kind of person he was before she died.

No. Aeduan wasn't even a person.

Outside of the family, people see him as a prodigy for having multiple magic within him but he didn't like these magics. Never wanted them in the first place.

And when they sneaked in a gambling place which was more than they thought it would be, below the loud and colorful place was something that they didn't expect.

Men and women. Young and old. Some were screaming, some were laughing and some were staring into oblivion. They were all being tested on different kinds of drugs with different side effects. The sight was horrible, sickening to be precise.

Just for one kid, they all risking their lives to save someone. He didn't even know this kid, so why was he there helping?

It was because of a girl. A girl who reminds him of his dead sister. Her liveliness sometimes made him forget what he truly was. He didn't want her to be sad that's why he's here.

But then again, his life doesn't mean anything to him. If he died here then he died.

By the time he was captured and forced to wear a black collar around his neck, he couldn't help but feel relieved even though he was in a tight situation. The magic cancellation item made him feel normal. There was no longer this dark animosity creeping behind his head, whispering to his ears to use his dark magic, to hurt someone.

He was then placed in a small room with only a few candles lighting the dim place.

Two things ran through inside his head. First, he was now magic-less with the collar slightly choking his neck. Second, he was in a room with a dead girl.

The color drained out of his face as cold sweat run down to his spine. With dry mouth, he walked near the dead body observing.

The girl was about his age or a year younger with long blue hair spread on the bed. Eyes that used to have a beautiful shade of blue and green stared lifelessly towards the door. A beauty mark near the bluish lips. He couldn't deny the fact that she was breathtaking for someone who was already dead.

Aeduan placed his hand over the dead girl's eyes letting them close as he gives her a short prayer.

He then turned around ignoring the weird feeling that had stirred up inside him. Looking over the room he tried to think of a plan on how he'll escape now that he was magic-less and get back to his companions.

Minutes after he heard a gasp behind him while he was deep in thoughts, the sudden sound gave him a quick scare. Heart beating loudly against his chest he checked the other person inside the room, finding the dead was no longer dead but alive gasping for air like her lungs were starving of it. For a while, she stayed there breathing and blinking at the ceiling.